Local Scouts achieve Eagle rank
|Shown from left are Nicholas Flessner and Andrew Warner, both of whom earned Eagle awards recently. They are members of Boy Scout Troop No. 380.|
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
Achieving the Eagle rank were Nicholas Flessner, a Walsh Jesuit High School graduate, and Andrew Warner, a student at Cuyahoga Valley Career Center from the Revere Local School District.
According to troop officials, Flessner attends the University of Cincinnati, majoring in chemical engineering. He achieved academic honors and was a band and choir member, sportsman and community service volunteer.
Andrew is a cross country letterman and academic achiever who plans to attend Hocking College with career aspirations of becoming a firefighter, according to troop officials.
The two are members of Boy Scout Troop No. 380, which has sponsored 164 Eagle scouts during the last 50 years.
According to troop officials, less than 3 percent of Scouts earn the Eagle award. The two young men satisfied advancement and skill requirements and completed major community service projects prior to being named Eagle Scouts. According to troop officials, they also have excelled in leadership positions and live by the Scouting creed of duty to God and country, service to others and the duty to keep themselves physically fit, mentally awake and morally straight.
Troop No. 380 meets every Monday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road. Visitors are welcome.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015