Local Scouts achieve Eagle rank
|Shown from left are Nicholas Flessner and Andrew Warner, both of whom earned Eagle awards recently. They are members of Boy Scout Troop No. 380.|
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
Achieving the Eagle rank were Nicholas Flessner, a Walsh Jesuit High School graduate, and Andrew Warner, a student at Cuyahoga Valley Career Center from the Revere Local School District.
According to troop officials, Flessner attends the University of Cincinnati, majoring in chemical engineering. He achieved academic honors and was a band and choir member, sportsman and community service volunteer.
Andrew is a cross country letterman and academic achiever who plans to attend Hocking College with career aspirations of becoming a firefighter, according to troop officials.
The two are members of Boy Scout Troop No. 380, which has sponsored 164 Eagle scouts during the last 50 years.
According to troop officials, less than 3 percent of Scouts earn the Eagle award. The two young men satisfied advancement and skill requirements and completed major community service projects prior to being named Eagle Scouts. According to troop officials, they also have excelled in leadership positions and live by the Scouting creed of duty to God and country, service to others and the duty to keep themselves physically fit, mentally awake and morally straight.
Troop No. 380 meets every Monday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road. Visitors are welcome.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014