Highland students collect more than 300 coats
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Highland students have been participating in the coat drive for the past seven years. New and gently used coats were accepted through Dec. 6 at all Highland school buildings and will be distributed to those in need in the Highland district community.
Howard Hanna in Wadsworth coordinates this effort each year and covers the cost of dry cleaning the coats.
Pictured above, from left, are seventh-grader Jack Hoynes; eighth-graders Brianna Budinsky, Tyler Randolph, Ryan Killeen, Jayda Vorndran, Gus Ruggiero and Madelyn Meacham; and sixth-grader Margaret Houska.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014