Highland students collect more than 300 coats
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Highland students have been participating in the coat drive for the past seven years. New and gently used coats were accepted through Dec. 6 at all Highland school buildings and will be distributed to those in need in the Highland district community.
Howard Hanna in Wadsworth coordinates this effort each year and covers the cost of dry cleaning the coats.
Pictured above, from left, are seventh-grader Jack Hoynes; eighth-graders Brianna Budinsky, Tyler Randolph, Ryan Killeen, Jayda Vorndran, Gus Ruggiero and Madelyn Meacham; and sixth-grader Margaret Houska.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015
- Astronomy Club of Akron: NASA Chief Pilot Alan Mickelwright - 3/27/2015
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015