Highland students collect more than 300 coats
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Highland students have been participating in the coat drive for the past seven years. New and gently used coats were accepted through Dec. 6 at all Highland school buildings and will be distributed to those in need in the Highland district community.
Howard Hanna in Wadsworth coordinates this effort each year and covers the cost of dry cleaning the coats.
Pictured above, from left, are seventh-grader Jack Hoynes; eighth-graders Brianna Budinsky, Tyler Randolph, Ryan Killeen, Jayda Vorndran, Gus Ruggiero and Madelyn Meacham; and sixth-grader Margaret Houska.
More Education News
- APS officials not worried about making up snow days
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Norton school board approves contract for treasurer
- St. Hilary School teacher honored
- Revere C.A.R.E. hosting Malley’s fundraiser
- Highland district to benefit from new tax abatement
- Highland Pride Committee accepting nominations
- Snow day issues raised in Akron
- APS to create health career academy
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015