Highland students collect more than 300 coats
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Highland students have been participating in the coat drive for the past seven years. New and gently used coats were accepted through Dec. 6 at all Highland school buildings and will be distributed to those in need in the Highland district community.
Howard Hanna in Wadsworth coordinates this effort each year and covers the cost of dry cleaning the coats.
Pictured above, from left, are seventh-grader Jack Hoynes; eighth-graders Brianna Budinsky, Tyler Randolph, Ryan Killeen, Jayda Vorndran, Gus Ruggiero and Madelyn Meacham; and sixth-grader Margaret Houska.
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- Cake Decorating - 5/4/2016
- Woodshop Orientation - 5/4/2016
- Adult Pottery - 5/4/2016
- University of Akron Symphonic Band - 5/4/2016
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016