Highland students collect more than 300 coats
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Highland students have been participating in the coat drive for the past seven years. New and gently used coats were accepted through Dec. 6 at all Highland school buildings and will be distributed to those in need in the Highland district community.
Howard Hanna in Wadsworth coordinates this effort each year and covers the cost of dry cleaning the coats.
Pictured above, from left, are seventh-grader Jack Hoynes; eighth-graders Brianna Budinsky, Tyler Randolph, Ryan Killeen, Jayda Vorndran, Gus Ruggiero and Madelyn Meacham; and sixth-grader Margaret Houska.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony - 12/20/2014
- Ugly Sweater Hike and Fire - 12/20/2014
- Hiking for the Health of It - 12/20/2014