West Side Education News & Notes
Mentors needed for seventh-graders
WEST AKRON — Project Ujima and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Summit County are partnering to offer a Mentoring Program for seventh-grade students at Buchtel Community Learning Center, 1040 Copley Road.
Thirty mentors are needed. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible.
Mentoring will take place on Thursdays beginning Jan. 16. Mentors will arrive any time between 3:15 and 4 p.m., and the sessions will end at 5:30 p.m. Mentors must commit for at least one year. The summer schedule is flexible.
Mentor training will take place Jan. 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Jan. 11 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Akron schools ready to open
- Firestone High School graduate awarded $2,500 scholarship
- Woodridge board, teachers union approve contract
- STVM students win at WEMUN Expo
- Copley-Fairlawn district readies for start of school
- Akron Zoo, APS provide supplies to students
- Project GRAD Akron receives contribution from AT&T
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green officials field questions regarding softball improvements
- Springfield district approves personnel items at special meeting
- Manchester Old School Alumni support scholarship fund
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gospel Sundays: Tampa Murphy and the Highland Square Community Choir - 8/28/2016
- Billy Crowbeak - 8/28/2016
- Phenology: Whispers from Mother Nature - 8/28/2016
- Family Story Time - 8/28/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016