West Side Education News & Notes
Mentors needed for seventh-graders
WEST AKRON — Project Ujima and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Summit County are partnering to offer a Mentoring Program for seventh-grade students at Buchtel Community Learning Center, 1040 Copley Road.
Thirty mentors are needed. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible.
Mentoring will take place on Thursdays beginning Jan. 16. Mentors will arrive any time between 3:15 and 4 p.m., and the sessions will end at 5:30 p.m. Mentors must commit for at least one year. The summer schedule is flexible.
Mentor training will take place Jan. 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Jan. 11 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Discovery Montessori chess teams win state honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Humans of Tel Aviv creator visits Old Trail
- St. Sebastian Crafty Terriers design wreath for festival
- Norton Board of Education OKs gas well lease buy-out
- Green student gathering toys for sick children
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016