West Side Education News & Notes
Mentors needed for seventh-graders
WEST AKRON — Project Ujima and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Summit County are partnering to offer a Mentoring Program for seventh-grade students at Buchtel Community Learning Center, 1040 Copley Road.
Thirty mentors are needed. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible.
Mentoring will take place on Thursdays beginning Jan. 16. Mentors will arrive any time between 3:15 and 4 p.m., and the sessions will end at 5:30 p.m. Mentors must commit for at least one year. The summer schedule is flexible.
Mentor training will take place Jan. 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Jan. 11 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS officials not worried about making up snow days
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Norton school board approves contract for treasurer
- St. Hilary School teacher honored
- Revere C.A.R.E. hosting Malley’s fundraiser
- Highland district to benefit from new tax abatement
- Highland Pride Committee accepting nominations
- Snow day issues raised in Akron
- APS to create health career academy
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015