West Side Education News & Notes
Mentors needed for seventh-graders
WEST AKRON — Project Ujima and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Summit County are partnering to offer a Mentoring Program for seventh-grade students at Buchtel Community Learning Center, 1040 Copley Road.
Thirty mentors are needed. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible.
Mentoring will take place on Thursdays beginning Jan. 16. Mentors will arrive any time between 3:15 and 4 p.m., and the sessions will end at 5:30 p.m. Mentors must commit for at least one year. The summer schedule is flexible.
Mentor training will take place Jan. 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Jan. 11 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014