West Side Education News & Notes
Mentors needed for seventh-graders
WEST AKRON — Project Ujima and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Summit County are partnering to offer a Mentoring Program for seventh-grade students at Buchtel Community Learning Center, 1040 Copley Road.
Thirty mentors are needed. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible.
Mentoring will take place on Thursdays beginning Jan. 16. Mentors will arrive any time between 3:15 and 4 p.m., and the sessions will end at 5:30 p.m. Mentors must commit for at least one year. The summer schedule is flexible.
Mentor training will take place Jan. 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Jan. 11 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Stable financial forecast for Woodridge district
- Norton board hears update on stadium construction
- Highland committee proposes building new elementary schools
- BVS member helps old instruments get second wind
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester board OKs five-year forecast
- Springfield finances secure
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014