Revere school board approves personnel changes
The Revere Local Schools Board of Education discussed personnel changes to the district at the Dec. 17 meeting.
The board approved the hiring of Jamie Rankin as a long-term substitute for Amanda McCrary, a second-grade teacher.
A leave of absence was approved for Kendra Quinlan, a Hillcrest Elementary School counselor, for about three months in the spring of 2014.
The school board also approved supplemental contracts for game workers Wade Vantrease, Joe Merklin, Joe Stavole and David Suchy, as well as volunteer boys basketball coach Zach Weidrick.
The board approved Scott Robertson, a substitute bus driver, as a substitute for the transportation office dispatch/secretarial duties.
Also during the meeting:
- The board approved donations from several individuals. Nancy Kusinski donated $259 to the school district, half to support the music program and half to support the computer lab program. The Bath PTA donated $6,758 to Bath Elementary School to pay half the cost of a Chromebook cart for the computer lab in the library.
An anonymous donor gave Revere High School $6,000 to support the new robotics team.
- Board President Claudia Hower gave an end-of-the-year update on the district. She said the district had several accomplishments this year, including purchasing new instructional materials at all the schools; implementing a school resource officer; selling property on Hametown Road, profits from which will be redirected toward the construction of a new bus garage; and refinancing bonds, saving the district taxpayers more than $1 million.
- The board also approved the 2014-15 district calendar. The district will be transitioning into trimesters beginning with this school year, according the Superintendent Randy Boroff. He said this doesn’t change much for the district. The first day of classes for the new school year will be Aug. 26, and the last day will be June 4, 2015.
The board will meet for an organizational meeting Jan. 7 at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building, 3496 Everett Road. The board will meet for a special meeting Jan. 14 at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building and a regular meeting Jan. 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the Revere High School Library, 3420 Everett Road.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Akron History: Glendale Cemetery - 5/31/2016
- Hiking with Others - 5/31/2016
- Eastern Healing Therapies Workshop - 6/1/2016
- Gardening Through the Year - 6/1/2016
- “The Peanuts Movie” - 6/2/2016