South Side Education News & Notes
Springfield hosting open house for new school
LAKEMORE — Springfield Local School District officials will host an open house and dedication ceremony for the district’s new school building Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. in the auditorium at the school, located at 1880 Canton Road.
Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, a Springfield High School graduate, is expected to speak at the event.
The new $42 million school, constructed for students in seventh through 12th grades, is the first new building for the district in 50 years, according to district officials. The school is set to open Jan. 6 for staff and Jan. 7 for students.
The event will include public tours of the building and a reception.
The public is invited to attend.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016
- University of Akron: Brass Quintets; Jazz Guitar Ensemble - 5/6/2016