South Side Education News & Notes
Springfield hosting open house for new school
LAKEMORE — Springfield Local School District officials will host an open house and dedication ceremony for the district’s new school building Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. in the auditorium at the school, located at 1880 Canton Road.
Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, a Springfield High School graduate, is expected to speak at the event.
The new $42 million school, constructed for students in seventh through 12th grades, is the first new building for the district in 50 years, according to district officials. The school is set to open Jan. 6 for staff and Jan. 7 for students.
The event will include public tours of the building and a reception.
The public is invited to attend.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS officials not worried about making up snow days
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Norton school board approves contract for treasurer
- St. Hilary School teacher honored
- Revere C.A.R.E. hosting Malley’s fundraiser
- Highland district to benefit from new tax abatement
- Highland Pride Committee accepting nominations
- Snow day issues raised in Akron
- APS to create health career academy
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015