South Side Education News & Notes
Springfield hosting open house for new school
LAKEMORE — Springfield Local School District officials will host an open house and dedication ceremony for the district’s new school building Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. in the auditorium at the school, located at 1880 Canton Road.
Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, a Springfield High School graduate, is expected to speak at the event.
The new $42 million school, constructed for students in seventh through 12th grades, is the first new building for the district in 50 years, according to district officials. The school is set to open Jan. 6 for staff and Jan. 7 for students.
The event will include public tours of the building and a reception.
The public is invited to attend.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS board approves revised building plan, budget
- New assistant AD named
- Revere board approves permanent appropriations
- Woodridge board updates district goals
- West Side Education News & Notes
- BOE gets update on tax abatements, CRA
- Growing Green Community Wetland Day planned
- InfoCision donates school supplies to Green students
Calendar of Events
- Akron-Summit Country Main Library Events - 10/1/2016
- John Gragg and Katie Kopan; John Gragg - 10/1/2016
- Fall Felt Wreath - 10/1/2016
- David Sanborn - 10/1/2016
- Mr. Science - 10/1/2016