South Side Education News & Notes
Springfield hosting open house for new school
LAKEMORE — Springfield Local School District officials will host an open house and dedication ceremony for the district’s new school building Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. in the auditorium at the school, located at 1880 Canton Road.
Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, a Springfield High School graduate, is expected to speak at the event.
The new $42 million school, constructed for students in seventh through 12th grades, is the first new building for the district in 50 years, according to district officials. The school is set to open Jan. 6 for staff and Jan. 7 for students.
The event will include public tours of the building and a reception.
The public is invited to attend.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Norton board raises lunch prices for next school year
- Copley-Fairlawn board honors retirees
- Rachel’s Challenge helps others
- Results of Highland phone survey revealed
- Local high schools ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- Green district predicting healthy finances
- Board OKs new administration team for Coventry High School
- Manchester BOE OKs purchase of buses
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015