South Side Education News & Notes
Springfield hosting open house for new school
LAKEMORE — Springfield Local School District officials will host an open house and dedication ceremony for the district’s new school building Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. in the auditorium at the school, located at 1880 Canton Road.
Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, a Springfield High School graduate, is expected to speak at the event.
The new $42 million school, constructed for students in seventh through 12th grades, is the first new building for the district in 50 years, according to district officials. The school is set to open Jan. 6 for staff and Jan. 7 for students.
The event will include public tours of the building and a reception.
The public is invited to attend.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014