Fort Island students advance in Reflections competition
|Photo courtesy of Carla Cremers|
The pieces were judged by Elisa Gargarella, associate professor of art education at The University of Akron, along with three of her senior students in Art Education: Lauren Bittner, Erica Backer and Katherine Mooney. Additionally, literature entries were judged by Copley High School seniors and National Honor Society students Bryan Check, Kevin Shea, Eric Hemphill and Colleen Carroll, along with Josette Ellebruch, of Risk International in Fairlawn, and Kelly Eppink, a freelance writer and editor.
The finalists for the 2013-2014 Fort Island Reflections program included:
- Emily Wang, Mia Nagle, Ella Nielson, Alexis Sporup, Juliann Stepanovas, Nolan Magensky, Zak Brown, Caleb Laurich and Amanda Lillis for literature;
- Mia Nagle for music composition; and
- Joe Berry, Amelia Hermes, Jovie Woll, Nicholas Lazarides, Bodhi Woll, Kayleigh Cremers, Ana Camila Berrios, Lilly Barnett and Annie Barnett for visual art.
All of these pieces moved on to the Copley-Fairlawn District PTA Council level of judging, which took place Dec. 11. The following students’ works were judged as one of the district’s 24 best Reflections art pieces and will move on to the Ohio PTA level of competition:
√ Lilly Barnett, Ana Camila Berrios, Amelia Hermes, Nicholas Lazarides and Bodhi Woll for visual art; and
√ Nolan Magensky and Ella Neilson for literature.
Shown above, from left, are: (back row) Ella Nielson, Amelia Hermes, Nolan Magensky, Emily Wang and Mia Nagle; and (front row) Lilly Barnett, Nicholas Lazarides and Bodhi Woll. Not pictured is Ana Camila Berrios.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014
- Antiquarian Book Fair - 4/18/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014