Coventry school board elects officers for 2014
The Coventry Local Schools Board of Education elected Robert Wohlgamuth as president and Vicki Tavenier as vice president during an organizational meeting Jan. 13.
Treasurer Aaron Butts administered the oath of office to newly elected board member Christopher Davis, as well as re-elected board members David Andrews and Wohlgamuth. [For more on Davis, see related story on Page 1.]
Also during the meeting, board members Andrews, Mark Conner and Wohlgamuth were selected to serve as the district’s representatives to the Portage Lakes Career Center Board of Education, according to a draft of the meeting’s minutes.
In other business, the board approved numerous annual routine measures, as well as the establishment of the Virginia Andrews Memorial Scholarship Fund.
According to the drafted minutes, during the regular portion of the school board meeting, the board approved:
- the disposal of a 1989 Chevrolet truck and a 2001 Dodge truck;
- an increase in the minimum wage paid to district employees, from $7.85 to $7.95, in compliance with state law;
- three supplemental contracts at $30 per hour for one hour per day per week for eight weeks for Timothy Baugess in social studies, Steve Donnelly in mathematics and Gregory Kulick in science;
- the reduction in force of Janet Brown, St. Francis de Sales Catholic School auxiliary tutor, at the end of this school year;
- revised job descriptions for assistant superintendent, academic skills tutor, EMIS coordinator and Erwine and Turkeyfoot attendance secretaries;
- the resignation of Mark Roberts as custodial helper at Erwine Elementary and Coventry Middle schools;
- the employment of Nick Daily as custodial helper at Coventry High School, Joel Justice as custodial helper at Turkeyfoot Elementary; Candi Miller as part-time cook’s helper at the middle school; Christie Warner as a lunch and recess attendant; and Patricia Richards as special education special project assistant.
The board recessed to executive session to discuss the purchase/lease/sale of property, with no action taken afterward.
The next meeting is set forFeb. 18 at 6 p.m. at the former Lakeview Elementary School, which now houses the administrative offices, located at 2910 S. Main St.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/1/2014
- The Wiggles - 10/1/2014
- Cajun Dinner and Concert with Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - 10/1/2014
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014