Local students commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day at Summa
|Photo courtesy of Summa Western Reserve Hospital|
The Jan. 20 lunchtime event began with ECA Principal Rena Suber sharing some of King’s history and accomplishments, followed by performances from the ECA students, which included an a cappella vocal performance, poetry and speech recitations and a dance group. The event ended with a solo trumpet performance and prayer from Dan Page, pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Stow.
“The moving performances we saw today are a clear sign of talented, passionate, hard-working students,” said Suber. “They reminded us of the world-changing work of Dr. King, who would have no doubt been proud of the ECA students celebrating his legacy.”
Shown above, from left, are: (first row) Lamar Jones, KyAsia Williams, Shelby Evans, Nichelle Mosley, Lyne’a Wicks and Emily Palmer; (second row) Andreas Mosley, Jashawn Campbell, Marcus Friday, Dre Culp, Lashawna Grimes, London Portis and Alexandria Dawkins; and (third row) the Rev. Jonathan Turner and Nichole Mosley.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016
- Lego Club: kindergarten through third grade - 2/10/2016