Principals ‘Have a Heart’ by putting their backs to the wall
|Photos courtesy of Green Local School District|
On Feb. 7, students were invited to donate to the cause by purchasing strips of colorful tape used to hang school Principal Mark Booth and Assistant Principal Ryan Kumpf to a wall, shown above, from left.
Kumpf created the fundraising project and Booth agreed to participate.
“Green Intermediate School is a Leadership Model School,” he said. “When our students see the principals taking an active role and leading the charge for a great cause, success quickly follows.”
Green Superintendent Jeffrey Miller placed the final piece of tape across Booth, shown at right.
“Mr. Booth and Mr. Kumpf lead by creative example and are what we refer to in Green as Bulldog Strong,” Miller said.
After an hour-and-a-half taping session, the two principals were securely stuck to the wall, and the boxes the principals were standing on were removed.
The tape project raised about $785 for the radiothon, which started Feb. 13 and runs through tomorrow, Feb. 15, in the atrium lobby of Akron Children’s Hospital in Downtown Akron.
For more information on that event, visit www.akronchildrens.org.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Concert Band - 5/2/2016
- University of Akron University Band - 5/3/2016
- Local Brew: R. Shea Brewery - 5/3/2016
- Stress and Your Total Wellness Workshop - 5/3/2016
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group: - 5/3/2016