St. Hilary Saberbots earn high ratings in state competition
|Photo courtesy of St. Hilary School|
According to school officials, the Saberbots received overall exemplary ratings for their Robot Design and Research Project. The team also was awarded the Robot Strategy and Innovation Award. This award recognizes a team that uses solid engineering practices and a well-developed strategy to design and build an innovative, high-performing robot, according to school officials.
The St. Hilary Saberbots, consisting of seventh- and eighth-graders, are shown above from left: (front row) Jake Thoman, Rachel Reese, Patrick Delaney, Josh Ison and Victor Vogt and (back row) Josh Parisi, Michael Rodgers, Spencer Hudak, Michael Jorgenson and Elizabeth Jorgenson. Philip and Angela Jorgenson coach the team.
FIRST LEGO League teams compete using LEGO Mindstorm robots. FIRST is an acronym for “For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology.”
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Star Spangled Banner, 1812 Flag and National Anthem with Sharon Myers - 9/23/2014
- Avian Photography with Dan Behm - 9/24/2014
- A New Adventure - 9/24/2014
- Cookin’ with Miss Keni: grades 1-5 - 9/24/2014
- Getting Started with Medicare - 9/25/2014