District preparing for 2014-15 school year
The Revere Local Schools Board of Education met April 15, and a major topic on the agenda was contracts for the upcoming school year.
The board approved the continuing contracts of four staff members in the district: Dawn Cancelliere for Revere Middle School seventh-grade social studies, Amy Haver for Hillcrest Elementary School first grade, Molly Moore for Bath Elementary School fourth grade and Veronica Moss for Revere Middle School foreign language. Superintendent Randy Boroff noted all of these employees are certified/licensed.
The board also approved limited contracts for several staff members in the district, including: Anastasia Bohush, Allison Campbell, Martin Cingle, Megan Cronick, Jennifer DeFago, Patrick DiCaprio, Gayle Doherty, Stephanie Duttry, Ryan Fletcher, Mary Gindlesberger, Gary Gough, Sonja Haller, Kelly Heider, David Howson, Alexandra Kaldy, Kimberly Keating, Yvonne Kelly, Sandy Kennedy, Abby Kester, Allison Kilway, Nicholas Kos, Elizabeth Long, Christine Luketic, Mike Murphy, Katie Pflueger, Kathy Popson, Kendra Quinlan, Cheree Rafferty, Samer Rinehart, Brian Rizzo, Krista Rozek, Jessica Sevchek, Sarah Smith, Jenna Steyer, Joseph Susick, Nancy Szabo, Kevin Verde, Heather Welling and Bridget Wirfel.
The board also approved the following:
- the routine nonrenewal of several contracts. Boroff said the nonrenewals are something the board does each year, and is not a reflection of the staff members’ performance. He also noted most are hired back at the beginning of the next school year;
- the hiring of James Burkhart as a part-time grounds and facilities maintenance worker;
- supplemental contracts for Lyle Kniep and Pete Smith, spring weight room and game workers, to be used on an as-needed basis;
- a leave of absence for Amanda McCrary for the 2014-15 school year;
- the resignations of Communications Specialist Cathy Harbinak, effective June 30, and intervention instruction assistant Jayme Jirousek, effective April 24;
- three stipends, one for coaching duties for a youth baseball camp for Jason Cottrell for $1,260. The second is for Cheree Rafferty for interpretation services at the Revere High School musical for $26.75 an hour for an estimated 21 hours. The third stipend is for coaching duties for a baseball prospects camp for Tim Detweiler for $1,260, Dom Rogers for $480 and Steve Wido for $1,260;
- substitute math teacher William Roemer as a home instructor for the 2013-14 school year for $36.75 an hour; and
- two overnight trips, one to Dayton May 16-17 for the Robotics Club and one to Kettering Sept. 26-27 for the cross country team.
Also during the meeting, the audit for fiscal year 2013 was briefly reviewed. Treasurer David Forrest noted it was a clean audit, no deficiencies were found in internal controls and the district complied with all material requests.
The board will meet for a special meeting May 13 at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building, 3496 Everett Road, and for its regular meeting May 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the Revere High School Library, 3420 Everett Road.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Homeschoolers: Nature’s Recyclers: ages 11-14 - 10/21/2016
- Mysterious World of Owls - 10/21/2016
- Jazz 330 with Theron Brown Trio - 10/21/2016
- IN ESSE: Material, Process and Community - 10/21/2016
- Play and Stay Friday - 10/21/2016