Engineer extends learning for Schrop Intermediate students
|Photo courtesy of Schrop Intermediate School|
Triola spoke to Jenny Droppleman’s language arts students about engineering, how it applies to daily living and robotics design.
Droppleman said her sixth-grade students have been reading about robots and how a teen used a robot to go to school for her because of severe allergies. Triola was able to bring information on the application of engineering to their grade level, she added.
“The kids loved having him, and he loved being with them,” she said. “It was a great extension of our learning.”
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017