Copley places third at state Academic Challenge contest
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The team went 4-1 in the preliminary matches and advanced to the final four. They defeated St. Charles Prep from Columbus to advance to the semi-final round, where they lost a close match to Fisher Catholic from Lancaster, according to school officials.
The CHS team participated in the state finals for the 19th time since 1992.
Participating team members, shown above with their trophy, were seniors Kerry Crowley and Manit Jain; juniors Sayeef Moyen, Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner; and freshman Cristina Lee. The coaches of the team are Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez and Joshua Eck.
Because of a conflict with graduation, the seniors will not accompany the team to the National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT) national championship in Chicago May 31 and June 1.
More Education News
- APS officials not worried about making up snow days
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Norton school board approves contract for treasurer
- St. Hilary School teacher honored
- Revere C.A.R.E. hosting Malley’s fundraiser
- Highland district to benefit from new tax abatement
- Highland Pride Committee accepting nominations
- Snow day issues raised in Akron
- APS to create health career academy
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015