Copley places third at state Academic Challenge contest
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The team went 4-1 in the preliminary matches and advanced to the final four. They defeated St. Charles Prep from Columbus to advance to the semi-final round, where they lost a close match to Fisher Catholic from Lancaster, according to school officials.
The CHS team participated in the state finals for the 19th time since 1992.
Participating team members, shown above with their trophy, were seniors Kerry Crowley and Manit Jain; juniors Sayeef Moyen, Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner; and freshman Cristina Lee. The coaches of the team are Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez and Joshua Eck.
Because of a conflict with graduation, the seniors will not accompany the team to the National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT) national championship in Chicago May 31 and June 1.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I” - 4/2/2015
- Kite Workshop: for kindergarten-second grade - 4/2/2015
- Yoga for Kids - 4/3/2015
- Bits and Pieces - 4/4/2015