Copley places third at state Academic Challenge contest
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The team went 4-1 in the preliminary matches and advanced to the final four. They defeated St. Charles Prep from Columbus to advance to the semi-final round, where they lost a close match to Fisher Catholic from Lancaster, according to school officials.
The CHS team participated in the state finals for the 19th time since 1992.
Participating team members, shown above with their trophy, were seniors Kerry Crowley and Manit Jain; juniors Sayeef Moyen, Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner; and freshman Cristina Lee. The coaches of the team are Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez and Joshua Eck.
Because of a conflict with graduation, the seniors will not accompany the team to the National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT) national championship in Chicago May 31 and June 1.
More Education News
- Copley-Fairlawn board calls for charter school accountability
- Woodridge waives pay-to-participate fees again
- Revere board OKs contract with ESC of Cuyahoga County
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry district plans on August ballot levy if May issue fails
- Former school building demolished in Green
Calendar of Events
- Greetings from Akron, Ohio Postcard Show and Benefit Auction - 5/3/2015
- Hudson Stamp Show - 5/3/2015
- Arlo Guthrie - 5/3/2015
- Ballet Theatre of Ohio’s “Sleeping Beauty” - 5/3/2015
- Nurture Through Nature: De-stress - 5/3/2015