Copley places third at state Academic Challenge contest
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The team went 4-1 in the preliminary matches and advanced to the final four. They defeated St. Charles Prep from Columbus to advance to the semi-final round, where they lost a close match to Fisher Catholic from Lancaster, according to school officials.
The CHS team participated in the state finals for the 19th time since 1992.
Participating team members, shown above with their trophy, were seniors Kerry Crowley and Manit Jain; juniors Sayeef Moyen, Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner; and freshman Cristina Lee. The coaches of the team are Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez and Joshua Eck.
Because of a conflict with graduation, the seniors will not accompany the team to the National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT) national championship in Chicago May 31 and June 1.
More Education News
- Akron schools ready to open
- Firestone High School graduate awarded $2,500 scholarship
- Woodridge board, teachers union approve contract
- STVM students win at WEMUN Expo
- Copley-Fairlawn district readies for start of school
- Akron Zoo, APS provide supplies to students
- Project GRAD Akron receives contribution from AT&T
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green officials field questions regarding softball improvements
- Springfield district approves personnel items at special meeting
- Manchester Old School Alumni support scholarship fund
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Introduction to Spanish - 8/26/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 8/26/2016
- Zoso (Led Zeppelin tribute)with the Joe Vitale Jr. Band - 8/26/2016
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016