Copley places third at state Academic Challenge contest
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The team went 4-1 in the preliminary matches and advanced to the final four. They defeated St. Charles Prep from Columbus to advance to the semi-final round, where they lost a close match to Fisher Catholic from Lancaster, according to school officials.
The CHS team participated in the state finals for the 19th time since 1992.
Participating team members, shown above with their trophy, were seniors Kerry Crowley and Manit Jain; juniors Sayeef Moyen, Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner; and freshman Cristina Lee. The coaches of the team are Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez and Joshua Eck.
Because of a conflict with graduation, the seniors will not accompany the team to the National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT) national championship in Chicago May 31 and June 1.
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- Whimsical Works of Assemblage Art - 5/1/2016
- Rail Against Breast Cancer - 5/1/2016
- Ballet Theatre of Ohio’s “Cinderella” - 5/1/2016
- Adventures in the Garden - 5/1/2016
- Cleveland Opera Theater’s “LaBoheme” - 5/1/2016