Mock crash brings safety message to Buchtel students
The event involved student actors and volunteers, and officials from the Akron Police and Fire departments spoke about driving while impaired.
Shown at right top is makeup artist Kayla Ludle, at right, working to prepare Breanna Manley, one of the student actors involved in the presentation, while Terrell Burks watches.
Police Officer H.R. Vaughn Jr. is shown below discussing the accident. Manley and student Kayla Wilson are pictured as “victims” in the accident.
Shown at right bottom, Buchtel senior George Johnson gets in place as the driver of the sedan.
Firefighters and first responders are shown above right talking about how they would handle a real accident.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Education News
- State, national mandates affecting Woodridge schools
- Copley-Fairlawn school board elects Vargo as president
- St. Hilary’s Saberbots advance to state tournament
- St. Sebastian students compete in Geography Bee
- High-schoolers gain nursing experience
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Lakes District Cub Scouts revving up for chariot race
- Walsh University names new science center after St. John Paul II
Calendar of Events
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Pleasant Valley” by Louis Bromfiel - 1/25/2015
- University of Akron Steel Drum Band - 1/25/2015
- “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” - 1/25/2015
- NARI Home Improvement Show - 1/25/2015
- Snuggle Up and Read Around the Campfire: for kindergarten through grade 5 - 1/26/2015