CFMS team places high in competition
|Photo courtesy of Jennifer Lindsey|
The team finished in eighth place out of 128 teams from all over the United States. Compiling a 9-4 record, the team lost to three teams that ended up in the top five.
Competing on the team were CFMS eighth-graders Sam Tobin, Curtis Stoyer, Srikar Dudipala, captain Tommy Varley, shown at right, from left, with NAQT President R. Robert Hentzel.
The team was accompanied by coaches Jennifer Lindsey, social studies teacher at the middle school, and Sue Korosa, retired English and history teacher from the high school. The team prepared by competing against high school teams in local tournaments throughout the area.
More Education News
- New Woodridge school taking shape on planning board
- Highland teacher, community member recognized at ceremony
- Stark State to build Akron campus near state Route 8
- Annual cookie sale to benefit King CLC
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester board OKs new grading scale
- Chapel Hill Christian School student wins contest
- Green school board approves five-year forecast
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016