CFMS team places high in competition
|Photo courtesy of Jennifer Lindsey|
The team finished in eighth place out of 128 teams from all over the United States. Compiling a 9-4 record, the team lost to three teams that ended up in the top five.
Competing on the team were CFMS eighth-graders Sam Tobin, Curtis Stoyer, Srikar Dudipala, captain Tommy Varley, shown at right, from left, with NAQT President R. Robert Hentzel.
The team was accompanied by coaches Jennifer Lindsey, social studies teacher at the middle school, and Sue Korosa, retired English and history teacher from the high school. The team prepared by competing against high school teams in local tournaments throughout the area.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015