CFMS team places high in competition
|Photo courtesy of Jennifer Lindsey|
The team finished in eighth place out of 128 teams from all over the United States. Compiling a 9-4 record, the team lost to three teams that ended up in the top five.
Competing on the team were CFMS eighth-graders Sam Tobin, Curtis Stoyer, Srikar Dudipala, captain Tommy Varley, shown at right, from left, with NAQT President R. Robert Hentzel.
The team was accompanied by coaches Jennifer Lindsey, social studies teacher at the middle school, and Sue Korosa, retired English and history teacher from the high school. The team prepared by competing against high school teams in local tournaments throughout the area.
More Education News
- Akron schools ready to open
- Firestone High School graduate awarded $2,500 scholarship
- Woodridge board, teachers union approve contract
- STVM students win at WEMUN Expo
- Copley-Fairlawn district readies for start of school
- Akron Zoo, APS provide supplies to students
- Project GRAD Akron receives contribution from AT&T
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green officials field questions regarding softball improvements
- Springfield district approves personnel items at special meeting
- Manchester Old School Alumni support scholarship fund
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gospel Sundays: Tampa Murphy and the Highland Square Community Choir - 8/28/2016
- Billy Crowbeak - 8/28/2016
- Phenology: Whispers from Mother Nature - 8/28/2016
- Family Story Time - 8/28/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016