CFMS team places high in competition
|Photo courtesy of Jennifer Lindsey|
The team finished in eighth place out of 128 teams from all over the United States. Compiling a 9-4 record, the team lost to three teams that ended up in the top five.
Competing on the team were CFMS eighth-graders Sam Tobin, Curtis Stoyer, Srikar Dudipala, captain Tommy Varley, shown at right, from left, with NAQT President R. Robert Hentzel.
The team was accompanied by coaches Jennifer Lindsey, social studies teacher at the middle school, and Sue Korosa, retired English and history teacher from the high school. The team prepared by competing against high school teams in local tournaments throughout the area.
More Education News
- Firestone’s International Baccalaureate program enters 20th year
- Teacher granted second leave to serve as OEA president
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club makes scholarship awards
- Norton district voters to see levy on November ballot
- West Side Education News & Notes
- BVS awards students with scholarships
- Students enjoy outdoor program
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Nature’s Magic Act: Caterpillars - 7/31/2016
- Cooking With Herbs - 7/31/2016
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 7/31/2016
- Hudson Stamp Show - 7/31/2016
- Hunting for Grasshoppers - 7/31/2016