S.C.O.P.E. Academy showcases school for education officials
|Photo courtesy of S.C.O.P.E. Academy|
S.C.O.P.E., also known as the Greater Summit County Early Learning Center (GSCELC), was the 2013 recipient of the Charter School of the Year Award from the Ohio Association of Public Charter Schools, according to officials.
According to S.C.O.P.E. officials, State Superintendent Richard Ross was interested in seeing the “School of Choice” public conversion school firsthand, and school officials demonstrated the delivery of the school’s 21st-century components of a global education involving nature-based learning, a project-based approach, performing arts and systemic supports.
Shown above, from left, during the visit are State Board of Education member Sarah Fowler (District 7), S.C.O.P.E. Preschool Director Sarah Jackson, Ross, S.C.O.P.E. Director Teresa Graves, Summit County Educational Service Center’s Linda Fuline and GSCELC Board member Dale Cook. SCOPE, located at 2141 Pickle Road, offers instruction in preschool through fourth grade. For more information, visit scopeacademy.org.
More Education News
- Discovery Montessori chess teams win state honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Humans of Tel Aviv creator visits Old Trail
- St. Sebastian Crafty Terriers design wreath for festival
- Norton Board of Education OKs gas well lease buy-out
- Green student gathering toys for sick children
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016