S.C.O.P.E. Academy showcases school for education officials
|Photo courtesy of S.C.O.P.E. Academy|
S.C.O.P.E., also known as the Greater Summit County Early Learning Center (GSCELC), was the 2013 recipient of the Charter School of the Year Award from the Ohio Association of Public Charter Schools, according to officials.
According to S.C.O.P.E. officials, State Superintendent Richard Ross was interested in seeing the “School of Choice” public conversion school firsthand, and school officials demonstrated the delivery of the school’s 21st-century components of a global education involving nature-based learning, a project-based approach, performing arts and systemic supports.
Shown above, from left, during the visit are State Board of Education member Sarah Fowler (District 7), S.C.O.P.E. Preschool Director Sarah Jackson, Ross, S.C.O.P.E. Director Teresa Graves, Summit County Educational Service Center’s Linda Fuline and GSCELC Board member Dale Cook. SCOPE, located at 2141 Pickle Road, offers instruction in preschool through fourth grade. For more information, visit scopeacademy.org.
More Education News
- More administrative changes in APS schools
- Elms students compete in regional, state Power of the Pen events
- Woodridge students have fun with reading
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Springfield district prepared if August levy fails
- Fifty Plus awards scholarships
- Green school board OKs bond refunding
- GAR Foundation awards grants
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Colors of Nature: for ages 3-6 - 7/1/2016
- Buck Naked with Karri Fedor and Kerosene - 7/1/2016
- Patti & The Gene Fiocca Band - 7/1/2016
- Southbound - 7/1/2016
- Archery for Kids: ages 9-15 - 7/2/2016