S.C.O.P.E. Academy showcases school for education officials
|Photo courtesy of S.C.O.P.E. Academy|
S.C.O.P.E., also known as the Greater Summit County Early Learning Center (GSCELC), was the 2013 recipient of the Charter School of the Year Award from the Ohio Association of Public Charter Schools, according to officials.
According to S.C.O.P.E. officials, State Superintendent Richard Ross was interested in seeing the “School of Choice” public conversion school firsthand, and school officials demonstrated the delivery of the school’s 21st-century components of a global education involving nature-based learning, a project-based approach, performing arts and systemic supports.
Shown above, from left, during the visit are State Board of Education member Sarah Fowler (District 7), S.C.O.P.E. Preschool Director Sarah Jackson, Ross, S.C.O.P.E. Director Teresa Graves, Summit County Educational Service Center’s Linda Fuline and GSCELC Board member Dale Cook. SCOPE, located at 2141 Pickle Road, offers instruction in preschool through fourth grade. For more information, visit scopeacademy.org.
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Concert Band - 5/2/2016
- University of Akron University Band - 5/3/2016
- Local Brew: R. Shea Brewery - 5/3/2016
- Stress and Your Total Wellness Workshop - 5/3/2016
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group: - 5/3/2016