S.C.O.P.E. Academy showcases school for education officials
|Photo courtesy of S.C.O.P.E. Academy|
S.C.O.P.E., also known as the Greater Summit County Early Learning Center (GSCELC), was the 2013 recipient of the Charter School of the Year Award from the Ohio Association of Public Charter Schools, according to officials.
According to S.C.O.P.E. officials, State Superintendent Richard Ross was interested in seeing the “School of Choice” public conversion school firsthand, and school officials demonstrated the delivery of the school’s 21st-century components of a global education involving nature-based learning, a project-based approach, performing arts and systemic supports.
Shown above, from left, during the visit are State Board of Education member Sarah Fowler (District 7), S.C.O.P.E. Preschool Director Sarah Jackson, Ross, S.C.O.P.E. Director Teresa Graves, Summit County Educational Service Center’s Linda Fuline and GSCELC Board member Dale Cook. SCOPE, located at 2141 Pickle Road, offers instruction in preschool through fourth grade. For more information, visit scopeacademy.org.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014