GSNEO honors volunteers at Adult Recognition Ceremony
Over 100 volunteers recognized at event
MACEDONIA — Girl Scouts of North East Ohio (GSNEO) and its Board of Directors celebrated the commitment and achievements of several adult volunteers who dedicate their time to help develop girls of courage, confidence and character in the Girl Scout Program at the 2014 Adult Recognition Ceremony, which recently took place in Independence.
“Volunteers are the heartbeat and the core of our organization,” said CEO Jane Christyson. “Girl Scouting would not exist without the dedication and talents of our volunteers — girls throughout Northeast Ohio are benefiting from the Girl Scout program, strong mentor relationships and leadership experiences.”
GSNEO currently has over 8,000 active volunteers that play an important role in Girl Scouting. Volunteers help girls discover themselves, connect with others and take action to make the world a better place. While becoming role models for the girls they lead, volunteers introduce girls to new experiences and create lasting memories, according to GSNEO officials.
There are numerous ways to volunteer with the Girl Scouts that fit varying schedules, skills and interests, according to GSNEO officials. Opportunities include troop leader, program facilitator, service unit director, event chairperson or committee member, Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) coach and board member.
A total of 126 adult volunteers received awards at the 2014 Adult Recognition Ceremony: Appreciation Pin (74), Honor Pin (20), Thanks Badge (seven), Thanks Badge II (three), Girl Scouts of North East Ohio Award (19) and Forever Green (three).
The following honors were awarded to members of the Central Service Area who reside in the South Side News Leader coverage area.
- Appreciation Pin — This award recognizes an individual’s exemplary service in support of delivering the GSLE: Amanda Comisford, of New Franklin; Janette Farrell, of Coventry; Brandy Thompson, of New Franklin; and Tina Wells, of New Franklin.
- GSNEO Award — This recognizes any registered adult Girl Scout for outstanding service to a council-wide position and dedication that impacts the success of the GSLE for GSNEO: Wells.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/1/2014
- The Wiggles - 10/1/2014
- Cajun Dinner and Concert with Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - 10/1/2014
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014