West Side Education News & Notes
PTSA hosting Touch-a-Truck fundraiser
COPLEY — The Copley High School PTSA will host a fundraising event, Touch-A-Truck, June 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Copley High School, 3807 Ridgewood Road.
Admission is $5 per person or $20 for a family of up to six people, but free for ages 2 and younger.
Trucks at the event will include two from the Ohio Department of Transportation, an RTA bus, police car, ambulance, ladder truck, school bus, street sweeper, front loader, a recreational vehicle from Avalon and more. In addition, children can visit the Kids Zone, where there will be face painting, the Home Depot craft area and other activities. Raffle tickets will be sold for $1 each, or six for $5, for a chance to win a ride in the fire truck at the Copley Heritage Day Parade.
Jingle Brothers Ice Cream Truck will be on hand for ice cream purchases, and Swensons Food Truck will be there for 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to sell lunch items.
There will be a special horn-free hour for guests with noise sensitivity.
The PTSA sponsors events such as college fairs, art shows and graduation programs, and supports child advocacy in the district and state.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015
- Hubb’s Groove - 3/28/2015
- Tall Heights and Darlingside - 3/28/2015
- Stone Soul Ball with Relatively Jammin’ Blues Band - 3/28/2015