Military group recognizes cadets
|Photo courtesy of Ohio Western Reserve Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America|
During April and May, chapter members awarded MOAA medals to cadets in each program at Kent State University (KSU) Air Force ROTC, KSU Army ROTC, The University of Akron (UA) Army ROTC, Garfield High School (HS) Navy JROTC, Kenmore HS Army JROTC, Green HS Air Force JROTC, Akron East HS Marine Corps JROTC, Perry HS Army JROTC and Timken HS Army JROTC.
“These are excellent ways to recognize student leaders for their contributions and potential,” stated retired Army Maj. Gen. Daniel Hahn, OWRC chapter president. “It allows us to support local schools and communities and tell people how MOAA supports a strong national defense.”
In addition, the OWRC general membership meeting that occurred May 15 recognized the cadets, staffs and families for participating in an ROTC or JROTC program. Over 60 people attended the event. Lt. Col. Daniel Finkelstein, commander and professor of aerospace studies at KSU, was the featured speaker. Seven cadets, instructors, parents and OWRC members attended the event.
Shown above, from left, are: (front row) Joshua Sweitzer, Kenmore HS; John Becker, Timken HS; Jonathon Sayre, Garfield HS; (back row) Alex De Giovanni, KSU Army; Tae’von Miller, Akron East HS; Alexander Yost, Green HS; and Adam Bennett, Perry HS. Not pictured are Gage Philp, KSU Air Force, and Tanner Bleedorn, UA.
In addition, Hahn earlier awarded three OWRC $500 scholarships, one to a cadet of each of the ROTC programs. The recipients were Cadet Cynthia Benson, KSU Air Force ROTC; Cadet Caitlin Ciralsky, KSU Army ROTC; and Cadet Thomas Dixon, UA Army ROTC.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014