Green sports, band boosters teaming up for fundraiser
|Green Local School District students in sports and band are pictured with a 2014 Camaro LT that is being raffled through a fundraiser put on by the Green All Sports Booster Club and the Green Band Boosters.|
|Photo courtesy of Green Local School District|
According to Green Local Schools officials, the raffle is a unique fundraiser, pairing sports and music boosters together to benefit nearly 1,500 students in Green Local Schools. Proceeds from the raffle will continue to support the needs of more than 1,000 high school and middle school athletes who make up 60 teams in 20 different sports as well as more than 180 high school band members and 350 band members in the Middle and Intermediate school bands.
According to district officials, proceeds from the first two Camaro raffles were used to purchase new band uniforms, each costing several hundred dollars.
“Student participation in the marching band program has increased 10 percent in the last two years, with an additional 10 percent increase projected in the next two,” said Mike Hastings, treasurer of the Green Band Boosters. “The band’s outstanding appearance is a direct result of Doug Chevrolet’s generous donation and community support received from the Camaro Raffle.”
According to district officials, the GASBC has provided more than $170,000 in facility improvements and specific team needs during the 2013-14 school year.
Rick Rebadow, president of the GASBC, said many students participate in both band and sports.
“These kids are gaining momentum together on their journey into the Federal League next year,” said Rebadow. “Proceeds from this raffle will further position Green sports and music as contenders. We need everyone’s help in the home stretch to make this campaign a reality.”
The winning ticket will be selected at Green’s home football game Sept. 12. The winner does not need to be present to win.
Tickets for the raffle are $50, with only 2,000 available. Tickets may be purchased at the Green High School athletic office, various school and community events or at Doug Chevrolet, located at 3281 S. Arlington Road. Tickets may be purchased through PayPal at www.bulldogfans.com and http://oldcarraffle.com/.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014