Revere approves agreement for athletic trainer services
At the July 15 Revere Local Schools Board of Education meeting, members approved a contract with Summa Health System for athletic training.
Before the unanimous vote, district officials discussed two proposed contracts submitted for athletic training services — one from Summa and one from Akron General Medical Center. According to district Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer David Forrest, both agreements state the companies would provide the training services for free; however, the major difference is the hours provided. Summa would provide 2,700 hours, whereas Akron General would provide 1,600.
Forrest also added Akron General’s proposal stated if Akron General was not chosen for the agreement, it may begin charging the district for the use of its pool for swim team practices and meets.
Board members discussed the possibility of using a different facility if this were to happen, but the problem with using a different facility would be the Revere swim team would have to accommodate the other teams’ schedules first.
Forrest also added the 2,700 hours provided by Summa could be used any way the district saw fit, whereas the hours provided by Akron General would only be used as an athletic trainer.
Forrest told board members he felt the contract with Summa was the stronger one, and if Akron General did start to charge for the use of its pool, the district would either have to find a new location to hold practice or pay the fees, but they would deal with that as it came up.
In other business, the board approved:
- the renewal of property, fleet and liability insurance with Liberty Mutual through the Siebert-Keck Agency;
- • a contract with CompManagement Inc. for Workers’ Compensation third-party administration services and unemployment compensation services;
- a contract with Rachel Wixey and Associates to provide support services, such as reporting employee absences and assignment of substitutes;
- an extension of the current agreement for copier services;
- an agreement with Suburban Transportation to transport students with special needs;
- a contract with 21st Century Integrated Systems for the installation of additional cameras at the middle and high schools before the start of the new school year;
- the formation of a subcommittee consisting of Forrest, Superintendent Randy Boroff, the facilities supervisor and one board member for the purpose of evaluating the proposals submitted for the repair of an exterior wall at Bath Elementary;
- a contract with Southeast Security Corp. for improvements to the sound system in the high school auditorium, including a wireless production intercom system, in the amount of $132,000;
- an auction for the sale of items approved by the board for disposal;
- supplemental contracts for several individuals for the 2014-2015 school year;
- the resignation of Transportation Supervisor Dave Tomei;
- a supplemental contract for Gina Hartranft as varsity softball head coach;
- Jennifer Greulich as the 10-month secretary to the athletic director; and
- a list of home instructors to be used on an as needed basis;
During a special meeting July 8, the board approved the hiring of Julie Gulley as the new principal of Hillcrest Elementary School, replacing Katie Kowza.
The board will meet for a special meeting Aug. 12 at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building, 3496 Everett Road, and for its regular meeting Aug. 19 at 6:30 p.m. in the Revere High School Library, 3420 Everett Road.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Falls Farmers Market - 9/30/2016
- Glass and Found Object Sculpture - 9/30/2016
- The Babys - 9/30/2016
- Dueling Pianos to benefit the Battered Women’s Shelter - 9/30/2016
- Empty Bowl Dinner to benefit Good Neighbors of Cuyahoga Falls - 9/30/2016