West Side Education News & Notes
Norton BOE adopts policy, hires personnel
NORTON — The Norton Board of Education in a special Aug. 11 meeting approved a policy on communications and hired personnel for the school year, according to Treasurer Stephanie Hagenbush.
The board-staff communications policy requires board members to inform the superintendent if they wish to visit a building for anything other than general interest visits, which are defined as informal expressions of interest in school affairs and not as inspections or visits for supervisory or administrative purposes, according to the policy. Board members visiting for any reason other than general interest must inform the superintendent and make arrangements for the visit through the building principal, the policy said.
The board also hired the following certified personnel effective Aug. 18, pending background and license checks: Taylor Farley, middle school intervention specialist; Amy Horst, high school Spanish teacher; Amanda Jamil, high school Spanish teacher; Eileen Wood, high school tutor; Valerie Schmotzer, high school tutor; Kathleen Hugus, middle school math/science teacher; and Kevin Leimeister, eighth-grade teacher.
The board also had first reading of an amendment to the district’s tobacco use policy, including banning electronic cigarettes, according to the policy text.
— By Pam Lifke
More Education News
- Firestone’s International Baccalaureate program enters 20th year
- Teacher granted second leave to serve as OEA president
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club makes scholarship awards
- Norton district voters to see levy on November ballot
- West Side Education News & Notes
- BVS awards students with scholarships
- Students enjoy outdoor program
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Moustache Yourself - 7/28/2016
- Ryan Humbert - 7/28/2016
- Small Footprint: Upcycling - 7/28/2016
- Drop-In Nature Crafts - 7/28/2016
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” - 7/28/2016