Norton school board approves new principal
The Norton City Schools Board of Education approved several personnel items during the Aug. 18 meeting.
The board unanimously approved a two-year contract for Amy Olivieri, who will be the new Cornerstone Elementary principal. Olivieri has been a teacher at Norton High School for over 10 years, according to the district’s website. She also was an adviser to many school clubs.
In other business, the board approved:
- the resignations of several employees;
- substitute personnel for the 2014-15 school year;
- the preschool curriculum for the 2014-15 school year;
- bus routes for the 2014-15 school year (the bus routes are available for review in the transportation department);
- the managed print services agreement with Blue Technologies;
- the service agreement with Medina County Schools Educational Service Center (MCSESC). This is an agreement for the MCSESC to provide special education services to the district. According to the agreement, the services are for autism/behavioral counseling; and
- the agreement with Summit County Educational Service Center’s Kids First program for the 2014-15 school year. This program works with children who have autism spectrum disorders.
The next regular school board meeting is set for Sept. 15 at 7:30 p.m. in the Norton High School Media Center, 4108 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Drop-In Nature Crafts for All Ages - 7/30/2015
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015