Haunted, family-friendly hayrides return to Southgate Park
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Two types of hayrides are offered Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 22. From 7 to 8 p.m. the rides are for nonscary riders, and haunted hayrides are offered from 8 to 10 p.m. On Oct. 22 only, the nonscary hayrides will begin at 5 p.m.
Sites include a scary shack, a ghost hanging around to greet visitors along the way, shown at right top, and a sign that warns passers-by to “beware,” pictured at right middle.
Among those to tag along for a ride was Lisa Messina and 3-year-old Allison, of Green, shown at right bottom looking for a cozy spot on the wagon.
The cost is $6 for adults presale or $10 at the door and $1 for children younger than 5. Tickets are available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Green Parks and Recreation Division office, located at the Central Administration Building at 1755 Town Park Blvd.; Camp Y-Noah, 815 Mount Pleasant Road; the Green Family YMCA, 3800 Massillon Road; or any Akron Area YMCA.
Proceeds benefit Camp Y-Noah’s Partners With Youth program, according to city officials.
In the event of inclement weather, visit www.cityofgreen.org after 5 p.m. the day of for cancellation information.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015
- American Indians of Sand Run - 11/28/2015
- Movie Matinee - 11/28/2015
- Indoor Snow Day - 11/28/2015