Haunted, family-friendly hayrides return to Southgate Park
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Two types of hayrides are offered Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 22. From 7 to 8 p.m. the rides are for nonscary riders, and haunted hayrides are offered from 8 to 10 p.m. On Oct. 22 only, the nonscary hayrides will begin at 5 p.m.
Sites include a scary shack, a ghost hanging around to greet visitors along the way, shown at right top, and a sign that warns passers-by to “beware,” pictured at right middle.
Among those to tag along for a ride was Lisa Messina and 3-year-old Allison, of Green, shown at right bottom looking for a cozy spot on the wagon.
The cost is $6 for adults presale or $10 at the door and $1 for children younger than 5. Tickets are available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Green Parks and Recreation Division office, located at the Central Administration Building at 1755 Town Park Blvd.; Camp Y-Noah, 815 Mount Pleasant Road; the Green Family YMCA, 3800 Massillon Road; or any Akron Area YMCA.
Proceeds benefit Camp Y-Noah’s Partners With Youth program, according to city officials.
In the event of inclement weather, visit www.cityofgreen.org after 5 p.m. the day of for cancellation information.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Gospel Sundays: Tampa Murphy and the Highland Square Community Choir - 8/28/2016
- Billy Crowbeak - 8/28/2016
- Phenology: Whispers from Mother Nature - 8/28/2016
- Family Story Time - 8/28/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016