Haunted, family-friendly hayrides return to Southgate Park
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Two types of hayrides are offered Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 22. From 7 to 8 p.m. the rides are for nonscary riders, and haunted hayrides are offered from 8 to 10 p.m. On Oct. 22 only, the nonscary hayrides will begin at 5 p.m.
Sites include a scary shack, a ghost hanging around to greet visitors along the way, shown at right top, and a sign that warns passers-by to “beware,” pictured at right middle.
Among those to tag along for a ride was Lisa Messina and 3-year-old Allison, of Green, shown at right bottom looking for a cozy spot on the wagon.
The cost is $6 for adults presale or $10 at the door and $1 for children younger than 5. Tickets are available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Green Parks and Recreation Division office, located at the Central Administration Building at 1755 Town Park Blvd.; Camp Y-Noah, 815 Mount Pleasant Road; the Green Family YMCA, 3800 Massillon Road; or any Akron Area YMCA.
Proceeds benefit Camp Y-Noah’s Partners With Youth program, according to city officials.
In the event of inclement weather, visit www.cityofgreen.org after 5 p.m. the day of for cancellation information.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Gospel Bluegrass Jam - 4/18/2014
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014
- Antiquarian Book Fair - 4/18/2014
- Easter Family Fun Day - 4/19/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014