Holiday Tree Festival brightens Knight Center
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Donors and decorators Chip and Linda Hartong, of West Akron, submitted the “Ho Ho Express,” shown at left top. It features two running trains: one in the middle, which is shown in more detail at left bottom, and another at the bottom.
“Happy Birthday, Jesus” is the title of the tree pictured at left middle, which was donated and decorated by Granger United Methodist Church.
The festival also features donated and decorated wreaths and miniatures.
This festival, held at the John S. Knight Center, 77 Mill St., continues Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 25 and 26 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. For additional information, go to www.akronchildrens.org.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014