Holiday Tree Festival brightens Knight Center
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Donors and decorators Chip and Linda Hartong, of West Akron, submitted the “Ho Ho Express,” shown at left top. It features two running trains: one in the middle, which is shown in more detail at left bottom, and another at the bottom.
“Happy Birthday, Jesus” is the title of the tree pictured at left middle, which was donated and decorated by Granger United Methodist Church.
The festival also features donated and decorated wreaths and miniatures.
This festival, held at the John S. Knight Center, 77 Mill St., continues Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 25 and 26 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. For additional information, go to www.akronchildrens.org.
More Entertainment News
- Weathervane Playhouse staging ‘successful’ ‘Unnecessary Farce’
- Akron native James III blends stories, impressions in new show
- KNR raises $20,000 for Rape Crisis Center
- Princesses, heroes highlight of Family Expo
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Child & Family Awareness Month contest winners announced
- Taste of Coventry raising funds for new playground
- Green High School students among contest winners
- Green PTA Reflections winners recognized
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/5/2015
- “Doctor Who” Bingo and Trivial Pursuit: grades six-12 - 5/5/2015
- Art Program: ages 11-18 - 5/5/2015
- Antique Appraisals - 5/5/2015
- First Tuesday Dance with Gene Fiocca Band - 5/5/2015