Holiday Tree Festival brightens Knight Center
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Donors and decorators Chip and Linda Hartong, of West Akron, submitted the “Ho Ho Express,” shown at left top. It features two running trains: one in the middle, which is shown in more detail at left bottom, and another at the bottom.
“Happy Birthday, Jesus” is the title of the tree pictured at left middle, which was donated and decorated by Granger United Methodist Church.
The festival also features donated and decorated wreaths and miniatures.
This festival, held at the John S. Knight Center, 77 Mill St., continues Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 25 and 26 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. For additional information, go to www.akronchildrens.org.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 6/29/2016
- The Big 5 Show - 6/29/2016
- Reading to the Rescues: ages 4 and older - 6/29/2016
- Heart to Heart Kids’ Time Camp - 6/29/2016
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016