Holiday Tree Festival brightens Knight Center
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Donors and decorators Chip and Linda Hartong, of West Akron, submitted the “Ho Ho Express,” shown at left top. It features two running trains: one in the middle, which is shown in more detail at left bottom, and another at the bottom.
“Happy Birthday, Jesus” is the title of the tree pictured at left middle, which was donated and decorated by Granger United Methodist Church.
The festival also features donated and decorated wreaths and miniatures.
This festival, held at the John S. Knight Center, 77 Mill St., continues Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 25 and 26 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. For additional information, go to www.akronchildrens.org.
More Entertainment News
- Porch Rokr returns to Highland Square
- ASO opens season celebrating national anthem
- WRP closes season with ‘Deadly Murder’
- Akron Zoo announces death of sloth bear
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Akron students create mural in Coventry
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- Scouts honor first responders
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- The Help - 9/19/2014
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014