Celebrating more than moms on Mother’s Day
|Mother’s Day presents an opportunity to celebrate Mom and any other special women in your life.
|Photo courtesy of MetroCreativeConnection|
There are many reasons a person may want to honor a woman that is not his or her mother. Perhaps the person’s own mother has passed away or is not prominent in this person’s life. Maybe there is a grandmother or aunt with whom one is especially close. There may be a teacher or mentor that has touched the life of a person in a special way.
Although Mother’s Day is built around giving thanks to Mom, it’s certainly acceptable to thank other women, too. Furthermore, one needn’t wait until a specific day in May to honor a notable woman. This can be done all year long with certain gestures and sentiments.
For those who are celebrating all women on Mother’s Day, here are some ways to set the day apart.
• Create a handmade card with personalized sentiments that reflect the unique relationship with this special woman. This can mean more than a prepurchased card that may not offer the right words.
• Find out her interests and spend a day doing entirely what she wants to do. It doesn’t necessarily have to take place on Mother’s Day. A trip to a museum or a day at the park — whatever it may be — can be a nice outing.
• Treat her to a special dinner. Ask about favorite foods and create a meal at home. If dining out is a must, choose a day other than Mother’s Day to avoid the crowds and have intimate moments with just the two of you, especially if you are also honoring your own mother on Mother’s Day.
• Find something you both enjoy and then go and do that. Maybe you met up due to a hobby or interest. Remember the first day you met and reminisce by heading to that place for a celebration.
• Host a Mother’s Day party at home and single out all the special women in attendance. Serve cocktails and enjoy the time spent together.
Mother’s Day is a special time of the year to honor not only a person’s mom but also any other notable woman in his or her life. The holiday can be customized in any way.
This article was provided courtesy of MetroCreativeConnection.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- “Jack Reacher” - 6/19/2013
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 6/19/2013
- Stumpy Basin Volunteers - 6/19/2013
- Ron Tanner - 6/19/2013
- Akron Roundtable - 6/20/2013