Akron Zoo octopus chooses new name
|Photo courtesy of the Akron Zoo|
The zoo narrowed the naming contest down to three names — Cora, Octavia and Scarlet, according to zoo officials. The three names were written on three different enrichment balls and placed inside a white container. The octopus unscrewed the lid and pulled out the ball with the name Cora on it first, declaring it the winner.
The person who submitted the winning name will receive an octopus prize pack and a behind-the-scenes tour of the zoo’s new exhibit. More than one person did submit the name, so all the names with Cora on it were placed into a drawing and one winner was chosen at random.
The zoo received more than 2,200 entries from around the United States and Canada, according to zoo officials.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- ZOSO with Joe Vitale Jr. Band - 5/24/2013
- Evil Ways with The Juke Hounds - 5/24/2013
- Voices in the Valley - 5/24/2013
- Who’s Bad? The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute - 5/24/2013
- Ballroom Nights - 5/24/2013