STVM showcases area marching bands’ talents
|Photo courtesy of Eric Cantor|
|Photo courtesy of Lisa King|
More than 1,000 were in attendance to cheer on the performances of eight area high school bands, according to show organizers. Those who strutted their stuff included the Canton Central Catholic Crusaders, Manchester High School Panthers, Mogadore High School Wildcats, Rittman High School Indians, Rootstown High School Rovers, Springfield High School Spartans, Woodridge High School Bulldogs and the STVM Fighting Irish.
A spectacle of brass, woodwinds and percussion played all types of music, from show tunes to pop favorites, as sequins and high kicks, low splits, triple baton twirling and intricate drills graced the John Cistone field at STVM, according to organizers.
A portion of Woodridge High School percussionists are shown marching at near left. Pictured from left are freshmen Adonis Boyd and Tommy King, and sophomore Logan Stockton.
“The show was a great success,” said STVM Director of Music Brian Campbell. “All of the bands participating did an outstanding job. It’s great to see all the bands come together and cheer for each other.”
More Entertainment News
- ‘Wicked’ back in Cleveland for holiday performances
- Art Garfunkel embracing life on stage
- Actors’ Summit stages English comedy
- AAM’s Multiplicity exhibit inspired look at printmaking
- Debutantes presented at Columbus Day Cotillion
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Akron lights up at Lock 3
- Akron hosts 27th annual Welcome Santa Holiday Parade
Calendar of Events
- Walk Down Memory Lane - 12/11/2013
- Peter White with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 12/11/2013
- GriefCare Place - 12/11/2013
- Romp with Rudolph - 12/12/2013
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013