STVM showcases area marching bands’ talents
|Photo courtesy of Eric Cantor|
|Photo courtesy of Lisa King|
More than 1,000 were in attendance to cheer on the performances of eight area high school bands, according to show organizers. Those who strutted their stuff included the Canton Central Catholic Crusaders, Manchester High School Panthers, Mogadore High School Wildcats, Rittman High School Indians, Rootstown High School Rovers, Springfield High School Spartans, Woodridge High School Bulldogs and the STVM Fighting Irish.
A spectacle of brass, woodwinds and percussion played all types of music, from show tunes to pop favorites, as sequins and high kicks, low splits, triple baton twirling and intricate drills graced the John Cistone field at STVM, according to organizers.
A portion of Woodridge High School percussionists are shown marching at near left. Pictured from left are freshmen Adonis Boyd and Tommy King, and sophomore Logan Stockton.
“The show was a great success,” said STVM Director of Music Brian Campbell. “All of the bands participating did an outstanding job. It’s great to see all the bands come together and cheer for each other.”
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Introduction to Spanish - 8/26/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 8/26/2016
- Zoso (Led Zeppelin tribute)with the Joe Vitale Jr. Band - 8/26/2016
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016