STVM showcases area marching bands’ talents
|Photo courtesy of Eric Cantor|
|Photo courtesy of Lisa King|
More than 1,000 were in attendance to cheer on the performances of eight area high school bands, according to show organizers. Those who strutted their stuff included the Canton Central Catholic Crusaders, Manchester High School Panthers, Mogadore High School Wildcats, Rittman High School Indians, Rootstown High School Rovers, Springfield High School Spartans, Woodridge High School Bulldogs and the STVM Fighting Irish.
A spectacle of brass, woodwinds and percussion played all types of music, from show tunes to pop favorites, as sequins and high kicks, low splits, triple baton twirling and intricate drills graced the John Cistone field at STVM, according to organizers.
A portion of Woodridge High School percussionists are shown marching at near left. Pictured from left are freshmen Adonis Boyd and Tommy King, and sophomore Logan Stockton.
“The show was a great success,” said STVM Director of Music Brian Campbell. “All of the bands participating did an outstanding job. It’s great to see all the bands come together and cheer for each other.”
More Entertainment News
- Coach House staging hit in ‘Lend Me a Tenor’
- Mothersbaugh exhibit a lighthearted display of artist’s world view
- Zenith Awards, golf tournament mark Travel & Tourism Week
- Public invited to take part in BioBlitz
- Medina County historical sites on tour
- Gallery hosts exhibit of APS student art
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016