IHA celebrates Hindi Diwas
|Photo courtesy of Dr. Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of the chapter, held the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi, according to Kapoor.
During the meeting, Kapoor highlighted a Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA in May, which featured several poets from India. Sushila Mohanka, IHA president, provided an overview of the IHA Constitution.
“The progress recently made by IHA is largely due to the extreme dedication of Sushila Ji and her passion for Hindi,” Kapoor said. “In her recent visit to India, she held several meetings in various cities like Hyderabad, Kanpur, Patna, etc., and succeeded in opening new IHA chapters.”
During the election of the office bearers for 2013, it was unanimously decided to continue with the 2012 team for one more year.
Maha Kavi Gulab Khandelwal, a Hindi poet and a resident of Medina, as well as several local poets, including Yugal Chawla, Vimmi Jain, Renu Chadda, Bimal Sharan and Veena Bhan, recited poems and entertained the audience, according to Kapoor.
Other happenings at the event included Chandra Kumar Jain giving a talk on the correct use of Hindi; Ramesh Joshi talking about the need for the promotion of Hindi in the United States; Harish Nawal, a Hindi professor from Delhi University, and Sneh Sudha Nawal, principal of Daulat Ram College at Delhi, offering recitations; and a discussion on the evolution of Hindi in modern times.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Peter White Christmas Show with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 11/29/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 11/29/2015
- Front Yard Birding - 11/29/2015
- Cookbook Book Club: Chestnuts - 11/30/2015
- Baby Time - 11/30/2015