IHA celebrates Hindi Diwas
|Photo courtesy of Dr. Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of the chapter, held the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi, according to Kapoor.
During the meeting, Kapoor highlighted a Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA in May, which featured several poets from India. Sushila Mohanka, IHA president, provided an overview of the IHA Constitution.
“The progress recently made by IHA is largely due to the extreme dedication of Sushila Ji and her passion for Hindi,” Kapoor said. “In her recent visit to India, she held several meetings in various cities like Hyderabad, Kanpur, Patna, etc., and succeeded in opening new IHA chapters.”
During the election of the office bearers for 2013, it was unanimously decided to continue with the 2012 team for one more year.
Maha Kavi Gulab Khandelwal, a Hindi poet and a resident of Medina, as well as several local poets, including Yugal Chawla, Vimmi Jain, Renu Chadda, Bimal Sharan and Veena Bhan, recited poems and entertained the audience, according to Kapoor.
Other happenings at the event included Chandra Kumar Jain giving a talk on the correct use of Hindi; Ramesh Joshi talking about the need for the promotion of Hindi in the United States; Harish Nawal, a Hindi professor from Delhi University, and Sneh Sudha Nawal, principal of Daulat Ram College at Delhi, offering recitations; and a discussion on the evolution of Hindi in modern times.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014