STVM showcases area bands
|Photo courtesy of Eric Cantor|
|Photo courtesy of Carmen Studio Photography|
More than 1,000 were in attendance to cheer on the performances of eight area high school bands, according to show organizers. Those who strutted their stuff included the Canton Central Catholic Crusaders, Manchester High School Panthers (pictured at left), Mogadore High School Wildcats, Rittman High School Indians, Rootstown High School Rovers, Springfield High School Spartans, Woodridge High School Bulldogs and the STVM Fighting Irish.
A spectacle of brass, woodwinds and percussion played all types of music, from show tunes to pop favorites, as sequins and high kicks, low splits, triple baton twirling and intricate drills graced the John Cistone field at STVM, according to organizers.
“The show was a great success,” said STVM Director of Music Brian Campbell. “All of the bands participating did an outstanding job. It’s great to see all the bands come together and cheer for each other.”
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014