Funds raised for ADA at dinner
|Photo courtesy of the American Diabetes Association of Northeast Ohio|
According to event officials, the event raised more than $130,000, and all of the funds will remain in the area to support several research, education and advocacy programs.
This year, the Father of the Year awards dinner honored four area fathers who are also community and business leaders, and who have demonstrated their support for the ADA’s Stop Diabetes initiative, according to event officials. The honorees include: Mark Shapiro, president of the Cleveland Indians; Robert Blackham, national practice group manager for Roetzel and Andress; Robert Kneen, president and CEO of Traveline Travel Services; and Evan Koppel, regional sales director of United Airlines.
Shown at right, from left, is Blackham, with his brother Joe Blackham.
According to Jill Pupa, executive director of the ADA for Northeast Ohio, the ADA and the Father’s Day Council have joined together on a national basis since 2000, raising more than $8 million to aid diabetes education and research.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Peter White Christmas Show with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 11/29/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 11/29/2015
- Front Yard Birding - 11/29/2015
- Cookbook Book Club: Chestnuts - 11/30/2015
- Baby Time - 11/30/2015