Funds raised for ADA at dinner
|Photo courtesy of the American Diabetes Association of Northeast Ohio|
According to event officials, the event raised more than $130,000, and all of the funds will remain in the area to support several research, education and advocacy programs.
This year, the Father of the Year awards dinner honored four area fathers who are also community and business leaders, and who have demonstrated their support for the ADA’s Stop Diabetes initiative, according to event officials. The honorees include: Mark Shapiro, president of the Cleveland Indians; Robert Blackham, national practice group manager for Roetzel and Andress; Robert Kneen, president and CEO of Traveline Travel Services; and Evan Koppel, regional sales director of United Airlines.
Shown at right, from left, is Blackham, with his brother Joe Blackham.
According to Jill Pupa, executive director of the ADA for Northeast Ohio, the ADA and the Father’s Day Council have joined together on a national basis since 2000, raising more than $8 million to aid diabetes education and research.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017