Norton celebrates cider season
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Pictured at right bottom is Alicia Layton, 15, of Norton, as jewelry maker Cindy Crocket, of Uniontown, helps put a “Live, Love, Laugh” necklace around her neck.
The festival came to a close with the traditional outhouse stuffing contest. As shown at left bottom, 22 contestants managed to squeeze into the small structure. One of the participants was Jashawn Cheatam, who is pictured at left top after everyone else exited the outhouse. Festival officials said the number of outhouse contestants was good but did not hit the highest, which is believed to be between 25 and 30.
The weekend also featured a parade, pancake breakfast and the annual Kiwanis Bike Ride.
Next year’s event will be the 25th annual Cider Festival. Organizers have already announced it will take place the first weekend of October.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014