Norton celebrates cider season
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Pictured at right bottom is Alicia Layton, 15, of Norton, as jewelry maker Cindy Crocket, of Uniontown, helps put a “Live, Love, Laugh” necklace around her neck.
The festival came to a close with the traditional outhouse stuffing contest. As shown at left bottom, 22 contestants managed to squeeze into the small structure. One of the participants was Jashawn Cheatam, who is pictured at left top after everyone else exited the outhouse. Festival officials said the number of outhouse contestants was good but did not hit the highest, which is believed to be between 25 and 30.
The weekend also featured a parade, pancake breakfast and the annual Kiwanis Bike Ride.
Next year’s event will be the 25th annual Cider Festival. Organizers have already announced it will take place the first weekend of October.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- ‘Wicked’ back in Cleveland for holiday performances
- Art Garfunkel embracing life on stage
- Actors’ Summit stages English comedy
- AAM’s Multiplicity exhibit inspired look at printmaking
- Debutantes presented at Columbus Day Cotillion
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Akron lights up at Lock 3
- Akron hosts 27th annual Welcome Santa Holiday Parade
Calendar of Events
- Caring Santa - 12/8/2013
- Santa Photos - 12/8/2013
- Scintas - 12/8/2013
- Holiday Arts and Crafts Show - 12/8/2013
- Medina United Methodist Church Adult Handbell Choir - 12/9/2013