Norton celebrates cider season
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Pictured at right bottom is Alicia Layton, 15, of Norton, as jewelry maker Cindy Crocket, of Uniontown, helps put a “Live, Love, Laugh” necklace around her neck.
The festival came to a close with the traditional outhouse stuffing contest. As shown at left bottom, 22 contestants managed to squeeze into the small structure. One of the participants was Jashawn Cheatam, who is pictured at left top after everyone else exited the outhouse. Festival officials said the number of outhouse contestants was good but did not hit the highest, which is believed to be between 25 and 30.
The weekend also featured a parade, pancake breakfast and the annual Kiwanis Bike Ride.
Next year’s event will be the 25th annual Cider Festival. Organizers have already announced it will take place the first weekend of October.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Weathervane Playhouse staging ‘successful’ ‘Unnecessary Farce’
- Akron native James III blends stories, impressions in new show
- KNR raises $20,000 for Rape Crisis Center
- Princesses, heroes highlight of Family Expo
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Child & Family Awareness Month contest winners announced
- Taste of Coventry raising funds for new playground
- Green High School students among contest winners
- Green PTA Reflections winners recognized
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Greetings from Akron, Ohio Postcard Show and Benefit Auction - 5/3/2015
- Hudson Stamp Show - 5/3/2015
- Arlo Guthrie - 5/3/2015
- Ballet Theatre of Ohio’s “Sleeping Beauty” - 5/3/2015
- Nurture Through Nature: De-stress - 5/3/2015