Akron Zoo says ‘Boo!’ with annual event
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Shown at far right at one of the stations are volunteers Dean Thayer and Marge Arrant, dressed as a king and queen, as they provide treats for Lizzy Nemeth, 3, who is with her mother, Shannon Nemeth, of Coshocton.
Zoo educator Linda Van Fossen, of Akron, was also on hand and dressed as a moon jelly fish to tie in with the zoo’s reef exhibit, as shown at near right.
Boo at the Zoo continues for the next two weekends at the zoo. For more information, call the Akron Zoo at 330-375-2550 or visit www.akronzoo.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 4/17/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014