The Rhythm Method wins Docs Who Rock
|Photo courtesy of United Way of Summit County|
The show included 11 bands, featuring 74 musicians with 18 physicians. The Rhythm Method, a nine-piece pop band, won the competition with their Whitney Houston/Donna Summer medley.
Sponsored by The University of Akron, Docs Who Rock was held at E.J. Thomas Hall. The bands ranged from a classical piano duo to local bands performing original rock tunes and everything in between, according to UWSC officials.
Members of the winning band, The Rhythm Method, were Dr. Fred Slezak, of West Akron; Dr. Tom Javorsky, of Hinckley; Dr. Joe Pietrolungo, of Solon; Theresa Ewald, of Brunswick; Corina Gaffney, of New Franklin; Paul Kapper, of West Akron; Eric Hoffert, of Coventry; Jack Bheam, of Springfield Township; and Dave Feist, of Ravenna. Shown at right are some of the band members during the performance, including from left, Gaffney, Slezak, Javorsky, Feist and Kapper.
In second place was The CCC Café Band, with Dr. Richard Brower. The third-place band, Malunion, featured Dr. Michael Magoline.
Dr. Terry Gordon, retired cardiologist and published author, returned to the show as co-master of ceremonies, performing bluegrass tunes as his alter ego, Dudley Lush.
To purchase a DVD copy of this year’s Docs Who Rock show for $17, call UWSC at 330-643-5533.
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- Copley Community Flea Market - 3/27/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 3/28/2017
- Family Fishing - 3/29/2017
- Art For the Animals - 3/29/2017
- Pilates - 3/29/2017