The Rhythm Method wins Docs Who Rock
|Photo courtesy of United Way of Summit County|
The show included 11 bands, featuring 74 musicians with 18 physicians. The Rhythm Method, a nine-piece pop band, won the competition with their Whitney Houston/Donna Summer medley.
Sponsored by The University of Akron, Docs Who Rock was held at E.J. Thomas Hall. The bands ranged from a classical piano duo to local bands performing original rock tunes and everything in between, according to UWSC officials.
Members of the winning band, The Rhythm Method, were Dr. Fred Slezak, of West Akron; Dr. Tom Javorsky, of Hinckley; Dr. Joe Pietrolungo, of Solon; Theresa Ewald, of Brunswick; Corina Gaffney, of New Franklin; Paul Kapper, of West Akron; Eric Hoffert, of Coventry; Jack Bheam, of Springfield Township; and Dave Feist, of Ravenna. Shown at right are some of the band members during the performance, including from left, Gaffney, Slezak, Javorsky, Feist and Kapper.
In second place was The CCC Café Band, with Dr. Richard Brower. The third-place band, Malunion, featured Dr. Michael Magoline.
Dr. Terry Gordon, retired cardiologist and published author, returned to the show as co-master of ceremonies, performing bluegrass tunes as his alter ego, Dudley Lush.
To purchase a DVD copy of this year’s Docs Who Rock show for $17, call UWSC at 330-643-5533.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015