The Rhythm Method wins Docs Who Rock
|Photo courtesy of United Way of Summit County|
The show included 11 bands, featuring 74 musicians with 18 physicians. The Rhythm Method, a nine-piece pop band, won the competition with their Whitney Houston/Donna Summer medley.
Sponsored by The University of Akron, Docs Who Rock was held at E.J. Thomas Hall. The bands ranged from a classical piano duo to local bands performing original rock tunes and everything in between, according to UWSC officials.
Members of the winning band, The Rhythm Method, were Dr. Fred Slezak, of West Akron; Dr. Tom Javorsky, of Hinckley; Dr. Joe Pietrolungo, of Solon; Theresa Ewald, of Brunswick; Corina Gaffney, of New Franklin; Paul Kapper, of West Akron; Eric Hoffert, of Coventry; Jack Bheam, of Springfield Township; and Dave Feist, of Ravenna. Shown at right are some of the band members during the performance, including from left, Gaffney, Slezak, Javorsky, Feist and Kapper.
In second place was The CCC Café Band, with Dr. Richard Brower. The third-place band, Malunion, featured Dr. Michael Magoline.
Dr. Terry Gordon, retired cardiologist and published author, returned to the show as co-master of ceremonies, performing bluegrass tunes as his alter ego, Dudley Lush.
To purchase a DVD copy of this year’s Docs Who Rock show for $17, call UWSC at 330-643-5533.
More Entertainment News
- No errors, just comedy in Ohio Shakespeare Festival’s show
- Importance of Earth Day should not be forgotten
- Fashion in the Falls to showcase spring trends
- Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
- Bath Community Garage Sale set for June 10
- Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill celebrates Founders’ Day
- Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
Calendar of Events
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 4/26/2017
- Pilates - 4/26/2017
- Family Story Time - 4/27/2017