Production of ‘Lean on Me’ features unique cast
|Photo courtesy of the Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities|
According to MCBDD officials, the five-act play explored the importance of friendships by depicting favorite characters from TV shows during the last 50 years, including “The Greatest American Hero,” portrayed by Jeremy Jackson, shown at right in photo at left, with Kathy Miller, at right, as the cloud.
The sets, costumes and other elements of the production were made possible by volunteers and community partnerships, according to MCBDD officials. Employees of local Home Depot stores helped build and paint sets, employees of Brunswick Cable Television helped record the soundtrack and projections, and more than 50 community volunteers helped sew costumes and create props, according to MCBDD officials.
MCBDD has been working together with Windfall Industries and SHC/The Arc of Medina County during the past six months to bring this play to the stage. The cast included individuals from each of these local agencies, as well as students from MCBDD’s Windfall School in Granger Township, according to MCBDD officials.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014