Production of ‘Lean on Me’ features unique cast
|Photo courtesy of the Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities|
According to MCBDD officials, the five-act play explored the importance of friendships by depicting favorite characters from TV shows during the last 50 years, including “The Greatest American Hero,” portrayed by Jeremy Jackson, shown at right in photo at left, with Kathy Miller, at right, as the cloud.
The sets, costumes and other elements of the production were made possible by volunteers and community partnerships, according to MCBDD officials. Employees of local Home Depot stores helped build and paint sets, employees of Brunswick Cable Television helped record the soundtrack and projections, and more than 50 community volunteers helped sew costumes and create props, according to MCBDD officials.
MCBDD has been working together with Windfall Industries and SHC/The Arc of Medina County during the past six months to bring this play to the stage. The cast included individuals from each of these local agencies, as well as students from MCBDD’s Windfall School in Granger Township, according to MCBDD officials.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- TimberNook Camp Sneak Peek - 6/26/2016
- Cat Show - 6/26/2016
- Belairs - 6/26/2016
- “A Star for Freedom” - 6/26/2016
- Summer Basketball Skills Camp - 6/27/2016