Couple celebrates golden anniversary
|Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Latona|
The couple, of Venice, Fla., celebrated the 50th anniversary with a dinner/dance for family and friends at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn Aug. 5. They will renew their marriage vows with a Mass of Thanksgiving at St. Anthony with Rev. Ragnoni officiating Nov. 24.
Joseph and Teresa have four daughters: Anna (Kevin) Durst, Maria Latona, Teresa Latona and Christina (Michael) Cochran, and nine grandchildren: Benjamin and Bethany Durst; Joseph and Jessica Kellem; Allison, Daniel and Robert Ryan; and Michael and Mia Cochran.
Joseph was a professor at The University of Akron for 40 years, retiring in 1994. Teresa was a teacher and a Realtor.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014