Highland Girl Scouts participate in campout
|Photo courtesy of Chris Naizer|
The girls experienced horseback riding, rock wall climbing with high ropes, archery, nature crafts, a night hike with echo-location demonstration, a zip line and low ropes.
The girls also shared ashes from a Sir Baden-Powell fire ring with Sharon Elementary School’s Brownie Troop during an Ashes Ceremony as part of their Junior Badge work.
During this night of mentoring the Brownies, the girls participated in a sing-along, including the tradition of making rain with hand percussion.
After celebrating Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday and the 100-year anniversary of Girl Scouting, the evening ended with the singing of Taps.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014