Highland Girl Scouts participate in campout
|Photo courtesy of Chris Naizer|
The girls experienced horseback riding, rock wall climbing with high ropes, archery, nature crafts, a night hike with echo-location demonstration, a zip line and low ropes.
The girls also shared ashes from a Sir Baden-Powell fire ring with Sharon Elementary School’s Brownie Troop during an Ashes Ceremony as part of their Junior Badge work.
During this night of mentoring the Brownies, the girls participated in a sing-along, including the tradition of making rain with hand percussion.
After celebrating Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday and the 100-year anniversary of Girl Scouting, the evening ended with the singing of Taps.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Summer Basketball Skills Camp - 6/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band - 6/27/2016
- Acid Cats - 6/27/2016
- Widowed Men’s Group - 6/27/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 6/27/2016