First Night Akron button unveiled
|Photos courtesy of Downtown Akron Partnership|
“I like to humanize critters in my drawings and give them personalities,” she said. “I tend to work quickly and expressively, and the composition continued to grow with the silent movie film theme.”
Gaiser is a retired high school art, drama and English teacher who conducts painting workshops and coaches high school students who are creating portfolios. She is a Cleveland native who credits her grandfather, a professional wood sculptor, for her artistic talents.
Gaiser’s work has been featured in shows at Summit Artspace and the Canton Museum of Art and in the Cleveland Museum of Art May Show. She has had solo shows at Kent State University, The Mather Gallery at Case Western Reserve University, St. Paul’s Gallery and Jack Richard Studios.
First Night Akron, a family-friendly, alcohol-free New Year’s Eve event, will take place in 10 venues in Downtown Akron Dec. 31. Buttons, which serve as admission to the event, are $10 and are on sale at Acme Fresh Markets, participating FirstMerit Bank branches, the Akron Beacon Journal Customer Service Desk, Angel Falls Coffee in Highland Square, Carolyn’s Cupboard in Wadsworth, Gasoline Alley in Bath, The Library Shop on Main, Lock 3, Stage Left Boutique at the Akron Civic Theatre and online at www.firstnightakron.org. On the evening of Dec. 31, admission buttons will only be available at Acme Fresh Markets until 8 p.m. and at Stage Left Boutique at the Akron Civic Theatre and The Library Shop on Main in Downtown Akron.
For additional information, go to the website or call 330-374-7690.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 8/30/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 8/30/2016
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016