Summa WRH presenting multicultural event
CUYAHOGA FALLS — Summa Western Reserve Hospital (WRH), in conjunction with Summa Health System, will host “Sharing the Season” Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the hospital’s auditorium at 1900 23rd St.
The free public event focuses on the meaning, traditions and cuisine of various cultural celebrations and observances from around the world to coincide with the holiday season. Free valet parking will be available to all guests.
Sharing the Season will feature a series of free activities and entertainment, and guests are invited to sample various ethnic foods.
Events and performances will include: at 11 a.m., the Snowflake Tea Room staff will demonstrate a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony and educate guests about Japanese culture; 12:15 p.m., Sangeeta Patel will provide a DVD presentation about Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights celebrating life; and 12:45 p.m., Michael Searching Bear will perform a Native American solo flute performance.
Ethnic food stations will include:
• Our Lady of Guadalupe (Hispanic/Latino), featuring Tresh Lecha, a Hispanic cake (sponsored by ManorCare Akron and Barberton);
• Lunar New Year (Chinese), featuring Chinese dishes such as fried rice, wonton, egg, and Szechuan Chicken (sponsored by Heather Knoll and Grande Village);
• Epiphany/Three Kings (Hispanic/Latino), featuring Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup (sponsored by Kent Health Care, Pebble Creek and Wyant Woods);
• Native American Heritage Day (Native American), featuring Hopi corn soup (sponsored by National Church Residence);
• Christmas (Christian), featuring Christmas cookies (sponsored by Maison Aine, Maple Wood and Arbors of Fairlawn);
• All Saints Day (Christian/Catholic), featuring croissant sandwiches (sponsored by Altercare of Cuyahoga Falls and Hartville); and
• Lucia Dagen (Sweden/Norway/Finland), featuring a variety of coffees, cinnamon rolls and ginger cookies (sponsored by Aurora Manor).
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 3/25/2017
- Akron Crossword Puzzle Tournament - 3/25/2017
- Eliot Lewis - 3/25/2017
- Hop Into Spring - 3/25/2017
- “A Skull in Connemara” - 3/25/2017