Revelers warm up to First Night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Families enjoyed the first countdown of the evening at 9 p.m., pictured at right middle, as former deputy mayor Dave Lieberth and Suzie Graham, of the Downtown Akron Partnership, warmed up the crowd.
The new year was celebrated with fireworks, as shown at left, at 9 and midnight.
This was the 17th year for Akron’s family-friendly, alcohol-free celebration of the arts and culture on New Year’s Eve.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- “Virtues and Vices” to benefit Child Guidance and Family Solutions - 11/1/2014
- Neos Dance Theatre’s “Count: The Legend of Dracula” - 11/1/2014
- Basket Weaving 101: Pumpkin Basket - 11/1/2014
- Learn and Do Safety Fair - 11/1/2014
- Composting - 11/1/2014