Revelers warm up to First Night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Families enjoyed the first countdown of the evening at 9 p.m., pictured at right middle, as former deputy mayor Dave Lieberth and Suzie Graham, of the Downtown Akron Partnership, warmed up the crowd.
The new year was celebrated with fireworks, as shown at left, at 9 and midnight.
This was the 17th year for Akron’s family-friendly, alcohol-free celebration of the arts and culture on New Year’s Eve.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- Duo Damiana - 3/1/2015
- Jocelyn Grant - 3/1/2015
- Amphibian Migration - 3/1/2015
- Solaris Woodwind Quartet - 3/1/2015
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015