Bulldog Bash to raise funds for student athletes
|From left, Mary Kay and Bob Walsh, Noelle Arbuthnot and Marvin and Renee Lamielle are shown enjoying the 2012 Bulldog Bash.|
|Photo courtesy of Emily Tricaso|
The party is billed as a reverse raffle and auction, but a buffet dinner, an open bar, a $2,000 grand prize, a deejay, dancing, auction packages and casino games all will be a part of the evening.
Doors will open at 6 p.m., followed by dinner and the raffle at 7. The event will conclude at midnight.
The boosters hope to raise $20,000 at this event to support high school and middle school athletes in Green, said Tricaso.
The club has donated college scholarships, trophies, plaques, equipment, uniforms, transportation, instructional camps and unbudgeted “wish list” items for more than 1,100 students on 60 teams in 20 different sports in Green, according to Tricaso.
Recently, the group made a contribution supporting the purchase of a medical ambulance cart to be used by Green Local Schools’ Athletic Department and the Green High School Sports Medicine Department, said Tricaso. Also, this past November, the club provided a zero-interest loan of $5,000 to the Green Bulldog Youth Football Program for the purpose of finishing its press box at Arris Park, she said.
Tickets to the Bulldog Bash are $75 per person or two for $135, and only 300 reverse raffle tickets are available. If the reverse raffle sells out, dinner and bar-only tickets will still be sold until the venue is at capacity, said Tricaso.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.bulldogfans.com, through the Green High School Athletic Office or by calling Kathy Weaver at 330-603-3024.
Also, the club is still accepting donations for prizes, gifts and cash donations for the event. For questions about donating or to schedule a pickup, contact Tricaso at 330-338-2924.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 6/29/2016
- The Big 5 Show - 6/29/2016
- Reading to the Rescues: ages 4 and older - 6/29/2016
- Heart to Heart Kids’ Time Camp - 6/29/2016
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016