Heat is on at Chili Challenge
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Pictured at right middle is a sample being offered by Sharon Gillberg, of the Downtown Akron Partnership (DAP) as she tops it with shredded cheese. Rich Hoselton, DAP’s director of events, is shown at right top as he hands a sample to Stephanie York, of Akron. The DAP won Best Presentation.
Judging the event this year were, pictured at right bottom, from left, Larry Thomas, of the Akron Engineering Bureau; T.K. O’Grady, of WONE-FM; Scott Jennings, of WAKR-AM; Akron City Council President Garry Moneypenny (D-Ward 10); and Mary Tricaso, of the Akron/Summit Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The Judges’ Choice award went to the city of Akron Personnel Department, while the Akron Fire Department won Most Traditional and the Akron Police Department earned Spiciest Chili. Winning the People’s Choice award was the Akron Fire Department.
City officials said the event raised more than $1,400 for the Burn Unit.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017