Hunter’s Helping Hands helps littlest hospital patients
|Photo courtesy of Hunter’s Helping Hands|
The wrapped packages contained a gas/grocery gift card, a Subway gift card and a toy for the baby. A cart full of mobiles and other infant toys also was left for the NICU and its current and future patients.
Hunter’s Helping Hands was founded in 2011 by Vanessa Varga, whose son, Hunter, was in the NICU at Akron Children’s Hospital for seven months while he battled many medical obstacles. Hunter’s Helping Hands now provides comfort objects to the NICU and gift cards and tokens of support to the families.
Varga is shown at left handing the extra packages to NICU nurse Amber Miller.
For more information about this organization, visit www.huntershelpinghands.org.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Author Visit: Judith Fertig - 8/27/2015
- “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” - 8/27/2015
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015