Hunter’s Helping Hands helps littlest hospital patients
|Photo courtesy of Hunter’s Helping Hands|
The wrapped packages contained a gas/grocery gift card, a Subway gift card and a toy for the baby. A cart full of mobiles and other infant toys also was left for the NICU and its current and future patients.
Hunter’s Helping Hands was founded in 2011 by Vanessa Varga, whose son, Hunter, was in the NICU at Akron Children’s Hospital for seven months while he battled many medical obstacles. Hunter’s Helping Hands now provides comfort objects to the NICU and gift cards and tokens of support to the families.
Varga is shown at left handing the extra packages to NICU nurse Amber Miller.
For more information about this organization, visit www.huntershelpinghands.org.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Skip Gibson and Finesse - 8/31/2016
- Downtown @ Dusk: Angie Haze - 9/1/2016
- “Hangover Square” - 9/1/2016
- Quarry Hike - 9/1/2016