Hunter’s Helping Hands helps littlest hospital patients
|Photo courtesy of Hunter’s Helping Hands|
The wrapped packages contained a gas/grocery gift card, a Subway gift card and a toy for the baby. A cart full of mobiles and other infant toys also was left for the NICU and its current and future patients.
Hunter’s Helping Hands was founded in 2011 by Vanessa Varga, whose son, Hunter, was in the NICU at Akron Children’s Hospital for seven months while he battled many medical obstacles. Hunter’s Helping Hands now provides comfort objects to the NICU and gift cards and tokens of support to the families.
Varga is shown at left handing the extra packages to NICU nurse Amber Miller.
For more information about this organization, visit www.huntershelpinghands.org.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014