Discover Downtown Akron Passports
|Tuesday Musical will present the Canadian Brass Band April 16 at E.J. Thomas Hall.|
|Photo courtesy of Downtown Akron Partnership|
Passports are available for purchase from the Downtown Akron Partnership office (103 S. High St.), online at www.downtownakron.com/passport and at Acme Fresh Market locations through today, Jan. 31.
“Although originally priced at $15 to include a First Night Akron 2013 button, the Passport is still an extreme value with 15 remaining events priced at $10,” said Sharon Gillberg, communications director for Downtown Akron Partnership. “Residents will receive just a taste of what Downtown Akron has to offer all year long.”
Events include exclusive tours, free admission to popular venues, sports events, theater and more.
When ready to redeem an event, holders can present their Passport for admission and receive a stamp. Offerings are date-specific, and in some instances a Passport must be presented prior to the event to receive a ticket.
Space might be limited at some venues, so advanced reservations are encouraged.
2013 offerings include:
• Actors’ Summit, Greystone Hall, 103 S. High St., Feb. 10, 2 to 5 p.m.: behind-the-scenes tour and rehearsal of “Freud’s Last Session”;
• Swing Into the Spring Season With Opening Day at Canal Park, 300 S. Main St., April 4, 6:05 p.m.: two reserved seats for opening day at Aeros Stadium. Children younger than 2 will be admitted for free if seated on an adult’s lap;
• Akron Civic Theatre: “The Cinderella Files,” 182 S. Main St., April 7, 2:30 p.m.;
• Tuesday Musical Presents the Canadian Brass Band, April 16, 7:30 p.m., The University of Akron’s E.J. Thomas Hall, 198 Hill St.;
• Akron Symphony Orchestra Concerts for Kids: Mother Goose (choose one): April 30, 10:45 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Family Center, West Akron; May 2, 10:45 a.m. at Lake Anna YMCA, Barberton; or May 3, 10:45 a.m. at Green YMCA;
• Rubber City Rollergirls, May 11, 6 p.m., John S. Knight Center, 77 E. Mill St.;
• The Illusion Factory, 140 E. Market St., June 8, 1 p.m.: Children can attend a one-hour workshop to build comedy skills with IMPROV. Preregistration is required. Call 330-376-5700 to reserve a spot;
• free admission to the Akron Art Museum, 1 S. High St., July 3-20;
• Neos Dance Workshop, Sept. 7, 11 a.m., Akron-Summit County Public Library, 60 S. High St.;
• Summit Artspace, 140 E. Market St., Sept. 15, 2 or 4 p.m.: The Illusion Factory and classical guitarist James Marron collaborate to bring “The Remarkable Farkle McBride” to life;
• Summit County Historical Society Paranormal Tour, Oct. 26, 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., Perkins Stone Mansion, 550 Copley Road in West Akron. Call 330-535-1120 for reservations;
• Holidays at Hower House, Nov. 9, 16, 23 or 30, noon to 3:30 p.m., The University of Akron, 60 Fir Hill. Children 12 and younger are admitted for free with passport-carrying adult; and
• “Jingle Jazz” at E.J. Thomas Hall, date and time to be announced.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014