Gala raises funds for AGMC institute
|Photos courtesy of Akron General Medical Center’s Women’s Board|
According to organizers, more 400 people attended the event, themed “For Your Eyes Only,” which was expected to raise more than $100,000 for the new Neuroscience Institute at AGMC.
The Women’s Board honored the memory and accomplishments of the Dr. Kamel Muakkassa at the event. Rola Muakkassa spoke to the guests of her late husband’s dream of the Neuroscience Institute and his work to make it a reality, according to event officials.
Shown at right is Dr. Farid Muakkassa (brother of Kamel Muakkassa) and his daughter Linda.
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 3/28/2017
- Family Fishing - 3/29/2017
- Art For the Animals - 3/29/2017
- Pilates - 3/29/2017
- Warbler Warm-Up - 3/29/2017