Gala raises funds for AGMC institute
|Photos courtesy of Akron General Medical Center’s Women’s Board|
According to organizers, more 400 people attended the event, themed “For Your Eyes Only,” which was expected to raise more than $100,000 for the new Neuroscience Institute at AGMC.
The Women’s Board honored the memory and accomplishments of the Dr. Kamel Muakkassa at the event. Rola Muakkassa spoke to the guests of her late husband’s dream of the Neuroscience Institute and his work to make it a reality, according to event officials.
Shown at right is Dr. Farid Muakkassa (brother of Kamel Muakkassa) and his daughter Linda.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Empty River Revue - 4/27/2015
- Through the Eyes of the Artist - 4/27/2015
- University of Akron Symphonic Band with Philip Thomson - 4/27/2015
- “God of Carnage” - 4/27/2015
- Fair Housing Workshop - 4/27/2015