Gala raises funds for AGMC institute
|Photos courtesy of Akron General Medical Center’s Women’s Board|
According to organizers, more 400 people attended the event, themed “For Your Eyes Only,” which was expected to raise more than $100,000 for the new Neuroscience Institute at AGMC.
The Women’s Board honored the memory and accomplishments of the Dr. Kamel Muakkassa at the event. Rola Muakkassa spoke to the guests of her late husband’s dream of the Neuroscience Institute and his work to make it a reality, according to event officials.
Shown at right is Dr. Farid Muakkassa (brother of Kamel Muakkassa) and his daughter Linda.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- Animal Tales - 2/27/2015
- From the Vault: 40 Years of Excellence - 2/27/2015
- Edwin Scholes: Birds of Paradise - 2/27/2015
- A New Adventure - 2/28/2015
- Mums the Word - 2/28/2015