Turkeyfoot students show off hip-hop moves
This is the third year the workshop has been offered, according to Lewis. She is shown at top right with student Kaylee Holler, who participated this year.
Lewis, a former Carousel Dinner Theatre performer and a graduate of dance from The University of Akron, taught approximately 80 first- and second-graders hip-hop, dance games and overall physical fitness.
Former teacher Patti Freeder, shown at bottom right with Lewis at far right, developed this program for Turkeyfoot after seeing Lewis teach her grandchildren at Move and Groove Dance Academy in Green, where Lewis is artistic director.
More Entertainment News
- Porch Rokr returns to Highland Square
- ASO opens season celebrating national anthem
- WRP closes season with ‘Deadly Murder’
- Akron Zoo announces death of sloth bear
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Akron students create mural in Coventry
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- Scouts honor first responders
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Story Time - 9/22/2014
- Star Spangled Banner, 1812 Flag and National Anthem with Sharon Myers - 9/23/2014
- Avian Photography with Dan Behm - 9/24/2014
- A New Adventure - 9/24/2014
- Cookin’ with Miss Keni: grades 1-5 - 9/24/2014