Parade-goers think green
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Also participating in the parade were Peg Noon, of Firestone Park, who is shown at left top with, from left, Camryn Korara, Haley Futrell, Caden Korora and Lucas Futrell, all of Akron.
Ashley Hanchulak, 6, of Akron, is pictured at left bottom as she scrambles to pick up candy tossed by parade participants.
The parade this year featured a theme honoring the U.S. Armed Forces. Stalter said he estimates that between 8,000 and 10,000 people came downtown for the annual event, which also included bands, Irish dancers, floats and local dignitaries.
“It went very, very well,” he said. “We’re very pleased.”
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 11/26/2015
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015