Parade-goers think green
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Also participating in the parade were Peg Noon, of Firestone Park, who is shown at left top with, from left, Camryn Korara, Haley Futrell, Caden Korora and Lucas Futrell, all of Akron.
Ashley Hanchulak, 6, of Akron, is pictured at left bottom as she scrambles to pick up candy tossed by parade participants.
The parade this year featured a theme honoring the U.S. Armed Forces. Stalter said he estimates that between 8,000 and 10,000 people came downtown for the annual event, which also included bands, Irish dancers, floats and local dignitaries.
“It went very, very well,” he said. “We’re very pleased.”
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014