Parade-goers think green
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Also participating in the parade were Peg Noon, of Firestone Park, who is shown at left top with, from left, Camryn Korara, Haley Futrell, Caden Korora and Lucas Futrell, all of Akron.
Ashley Hanchulak, 6, of Akron, is pictured at left bottom as she scrambles to pick up candy tossed by parade participants.
The parade this year featured a theme honoring the U.S. Armed Forces. Stalter said he estimates that between 8,000 and 10,000 people came downtown for the annual event, which also included bands, Irish dancers, floats and local dignitaries.
“It went very, very well,” he said. “We’re very pleased.”
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Easter Family Fun Day - 4/19/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014
- “Snow White and the Magic Mirror: A Grimm Tale” - 4/19/2014