Parade-goers think green
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Also participating in the parade were Peg Noon, of Firestone Park, who is shown at left top with, from left, Camryn Korara, Haley Futrell, Caden Korora and Lucas Futrell, all of Akron.
Ashley Hanchulak, 6, of Akron, is pictured at left bottom as she scrambles to pick up candy tossed by parade participants.
The parade this year featured a theme honoring the U.S. Armed Forces. Stalter said he estimates that between 8,000 and 10,000 people came downtown for the annual event, which also included bands, Irish dancers, floats and local dignitaries.
“It went very, very well,” he said. “We’re very pleased.”
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015
- Cleveland International Film Festival Preview - 3/4/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015