Parade-goers think green
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Also participating in the parade were Peg Noon, of Firestone Park, who is shown at left top with, from left, Camryn Korara, Haley Futrell, Caden Korora and Lucas Futrell, all of Akron.
Ashley Hanchulak, 6, of Akron, is pictured at left bottom as she scrambles to pick up candy tossed by parade participants.
The parade this year featured a theme honoring the U.S. Armed Forces. Stalter said he estimates that between 8,000 and 10,000 people came downtown for the annual event, which also included bands, Irish dancers, floats and local dignitaries.
“It went very, very well,” he said. “We’re very pleased.”
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016
- Jazz Under the Stars: Mojo: The Generation’s Big Band - 8/27/2016
- Barbara Knight Trio; Artwerk - 8/27/2016
- Catherine Gray Jackson Tribute Exhibition - 8/27/2016