West Side Cause for Celebration
PAWSibilities, Humane Society of Greater Akron
STOW — The Imagine the PAWSibilities Rummage Sale will take place April 19-20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Stow-Kent Shopping Plaza, 4301 Kent Road. Patrons of the shelter and animal lovers from the surrounding area donate used and new household items that are sold at the sale. According to agency officials, 100 percent of sale proceeds go directly to help rescue and find homes for neglected, abused and abandoned animals. Tucker Supply, located at 2800 Second St., Cuyahoga Falls, will be accepting sale item donations year-round Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
DOWNTOWN AKRON — The Akron MS Walk will take place April 28 at The University of Akron’s Stile Athletics Field House, 289 S. Union St. Check-in will begin at 11:30 a.m. The Ohio Buckeye Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society is hosting Walk MS to raise funds for local programs, services and medical research. The event, according to chapter officials, also is an opportunity to inspire others to join the fight against MS and to show support to those living with the disease. More than 20,000 Ohioans are affected by MS, according to chapter officials. For more information, call 800-344-4867 or visit www.MSohiowalk.org.
ADM Recovery Challenge
COVENTRY — The Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (ADM) Board will present the ADM Recovery Challenge May 18 on the campus of Interval Brotherhood Home, 3445 S. Main St. This family-friendly obstacle course will offer competition for athletes of all ages and abilities. Proceeds from the fundraiser will help fund an informational campaign to educate Summit County citizens about the value of continued financial support for the ADM Board, according to event officials. The ADM Recovery Challenge Steering Committee is seeking volunteers for the event. To volunteer, sign up at vols.pt/3tKLSf or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A volunteer training session is a requirement and will take place May 13 at 1 and 5 p.m. Training will last approximately 2 hours.
More Entertainment News
- No errors, just comedy in Ohio Shakespeare Festival’s show
- Importance of Earth Day should not be forgotten
- Fashion in the Falls to showcase spring trends
- Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
- Bath Community Garage Sale set for June 10
- Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill celebrates Founders’ Day
- Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017