Spring Garden students win songwriting contest
|Photo courtesy of Spring Garden Waldorf School|
Music teacher Julie Carpenter presented the contest to the middle school students as an extracurricular opportunity, according to school officials.
Kira Cseak, Grace Hecky and Sarah Caley, shown above, from left, created their song, “Hero’s Shame,” a composition written for piano and two cellos. The students created the piece to be played in the opening scene of Act IV of Great Lakes’ production of “Much Ado about Nothing,” which ran through April 14.
The students won $250, a professional studio recording of their winning song, a CD including their song and the songs of three other winners, and their song and interview played on WCPN 90.3 FM April 23. The students also won free tickets to “Much Ado about Nothing.”
According to school officials, the Spring Garden winners decided they will each get $75 from the $250 prize and they will donate $25 to the music program at the school.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016
- Play and Stay Friday - 5/6/2016
- University of Akron: Brass Quintets; Jazz Guitar Ensemble - 5/6/2016
- Getting “On Time” With Your Life - 5/7/2016
- Cleveland Orchestra Chorus and Blossom Festival Chorus - 5/7/2016