STEM school students win chess championship
|Photo courtesy of Akron Public Schools|
According to district officials, this is the school’s second state championship in two years.
Shown at right, from left, are students Jude Lewis, William Anderson, Conner Mullins, Nathan Mullins, Jeremy Lohr and Alexander De Luca; and (sitting) coach Don Glocar.
The students competed in the reserve division, according to district officials, and are expected to compete in the Grade School Divisional State title match next month in Columbus.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015