STEM school students win chess championship
|Photo courtesy of Akron Public Schools|
According to district officials, this is the school’s second state championship in two years.
Shown at right, from left, are students Jude Lewis, William Anderson, Conner Mullins, Nathan Mullins, Jeremy Lohr and Alexander De Luca; and (sitting) coach Don Glocar.
The students competed in the reserve division, according to district officials, and are expected to compete in the Grade School Divisional State title match next month in Columbus.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 6/28/2016
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 6/29/2016
- The Big 5 Show - 6/29/2016
- Reading to the Rescues: ages 4 and older - 6/29/2016
- Heart to Heart Kids’ Time Camp - 6/29/2016