STEM school students win chess championship
|Photo courtesy of Akron Public Schools|
According to district officials, this is the school’s second state championship in two years.
Shown at right, from left, are students Jude Lewis, William Anderson, Conner Mullins, Nathan Mullins, Jeremy Lohr and Alexander De Luca; and (sitting) coach Don Glocar.
The students competed in the reserve division, according to district officials, and are expected to compete in the Grade School Divisional State title match next month in Columbus.
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 3/25/2017
- Akron Crossword Puzzle Tournament - 3/25/2017
- Eliot Lewis - 3/25/2017
- Hop Into Spring - 3/25/2017
- “A Skull in Connemara” - 3/25/2017